baumer

Creed highest grossing Rocky club (Yo Adrian, I just missed it)

On 7/21/2015, 12:22:10, Hangman said:

Out.  Will probably do the same numbers as RB.

Well, it will most likely do more than Rocky Balboa, but by how much? 10-15 million?

I'm surprised Creed hasn't done better with it being such an awesome movie and that decent opening weekend.

1 hour ago, Hangman said:

Well, it will most likely do more than Rocky Balboa, but by how much? 10-15 million?

I'm surprised Creed hasn't done better with it being such an awesome movie and that decent opening weekend.

This club still has a great chance of success. It's going to do quite a bit more than 10-15m better than RB. Everything has a big drop the post-Thanksgiving weekend. An under 50% drop for this weekend, which it should get, is really good.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hangman said:

Sorry, but I think you don't seem to understand how box office works.  First of all, it is not going to make around 15 million more than Rocky Balboa, it will destroy that films gross.  Secondly, this film is a franchise film and it fell less than 50% coming off Thanksgiving weekend.  It's a terrific hold.  Not just terrific, but downright fantastic.  It's locked to make at least 100 million, Rocky Balboa made 70 million.  And it does have a chance to sail past 130.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it fall less than 35% this coming weekend.

• Like 1

If everything goes right (meaning it gets both great holiday legs and a Best Picture nomination) 150 isn't out of the question. I wouldn't go there just yet, but don't be shocked if it crawls there like Blind Side crawled to 250 and Life of Pi crawled to 120.

• Like 1

I'd say the second weekend still puts it on track for 120-130m. It will need holds like Life of Pi to get to 150, and that movie had insane legs, never dropping more than 35% from its third weekend all the way through its 17th. It actually increased a few weekends in January and February. So yeah, no easy feat for this. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I'm glad I at least threw it in at #15 at the last minute when I realized Heart of the Sea was gonna mega flop. But I only gave this 75m. :ph34r:

Yep, it'll be past 75 by the end of this coming weekend.

• Like 1

We came close and I guess it ain't over till it's over, but unless this gets a major oscar push, it won't surpass 127 mill.  We came  close, but it looks like it might end with about 110 mill.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

We came close and I guess it ain't over till it's over, but unless this gets a major oscar push, it won't surpass 127 mill.  We came  close, but it looks like it might end with about 110 mill.

Yeah, Star Wars sadly ended up slowing Creed's pace.

• Like 1

Even though I don't play the game and didn't have "a dog in the fight" for it's finish I had hoped for an over $100m finish.

Glad to see it's done well. I'm ready for the Sly-less sequel, move Donnie back to Hollywood and just let Rocky fade away. We don't need any confirmation of what happens to him now. Let us remember like this one last time on screen. 

5 hours ago, Baumer said:

still a good club and while I was on the "losing" side, I am glad I said in :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Baumer said:

The legs really were surprising considering the OW and the fact that it seemed so well received. It should have done at least 120, but I guess too much competition. I never saw Sisters, Alvin, or Daddy's Home doing nearly as well as they are. 

Just now, Captain Craig said:

Is Alvin 4's total considered "doing well" at this point? Isn't it still sub-$100m

IMO, I don't see how it's good, but what was the budget?