grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

It's not Canadian law.  It has to do with using someone's name in a book.

As in referencing/using a real-life person in a fictional work?

Anything involving that sort of stuff I know zip about.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Ok, so for anyone. 

Let's say I was writing my own autobiography, am I allowed to say stuff like, "I slept with Cheryl and Donna in highschool."

Or is there a law against that?  Or even more innocent like, "I used to run track against Jamie Drysdale and he would smoke me every time."

As in referencing/using a real-life person in a fictional work?

Anything involving that sort of stuff I know zip about.

Ok, thank you.

Why would you assume they killed IT?  That was never implied.  And if it was, I never got that.  It's like the Terminator, it will not stop ever until you are dead.

Kill it, immobilize it, incapacitate it, whatever. They were able to get away from it somehow. I wouldn't have been as annoyed if it just killed all of them then and there.

Edited by tribefan695

Ok, so for anyone.

Let's say I was writing my own autobiography, am I allowed to say stuff like, "I slept with Cheryl and Donna in highschool."

Or is there a law against that? Or even more innocent like, "I used to run track against Jamie Drysdale and he would smoke me every time."

Wouldn't that need to be at the discretion of the person you're referencing? And if you can't get their consent, how important is it that you use their real names; or any names at all?

"I slept with a few girls in high school" doesn't make things any more vague than "Chyrel and Donna".

• Like 1

Sinister 2 is coming out next month, hyped as FUCK. No idea how it'll do at the BO but as far as I know Sinister1 is well-liked enough

It is gonna flop and it is gonna end up being shit.

To be completely honest, I don't know which 2015 movies I want on DVD (or at least but it through like Apple TV). I probably won't own Inside Out unless my sister buys it; Kingsman is something I would buy, watch once or twice more and then never again. I may get Danny Collins eventually. The MCU movies I may get in the $5 bin just because I already own the other MCU movies and why stop now.

I can see myself renting Furious 7 at some point but never buying it. I could honestly see myself buying Insidious 3 because, like the Conjuring, it has turned into "the movie we watch whenever a friend who hasn't seen it comes over."