Gopher

Monday #s NOTHING IS CRUMBLING OKAY

In more relevant news than expected Monday #s, MI5 hasn't shown up on Movie Tickets yet and its Flixter/RT user ratings are low for an action sequel. 

I'd hate to see an opening less than 50 mil. MI3 adjusts to 59m OW and that was Cruise at the nadir of his public likeability. I'm hoping stellar reviews boost its profile. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

In more relevant news than expected Monday #s, MI5 hasn't shown up on Movie Tickets yet and its Flixter/RT user ratings are low for an action sequel. 

I'd hate to see an opening less than 50 mil. MI3 adjusts to 59m OW and that was Cruise at the nadir of his public likeability. I'm hoping stellar reviews boost its profile. 

To be fair, MI3 disappointed majorly on OW but had okay legs (I think).

Then GP was thought to be DOA, but great reviews + IMAX opening + December propelled it to great holds and a great run.

Now this is getting great reviews...it basically seems like MI has become a franchise that has no real core fanbase but people will turn up based on WOM.

After all, I didn't even know they were making one and suddenly it popped up in Dec 15 then moved forward six months. The trailer hasn't looked good but with the reviews, I'll definitely catch it sometime during its run.

The only caveat is that it's summer and competition is fiercer, if not in $$$, in theatre counts especially as we move into August.

Pixels imploding and Ant Man's standard CBM drop has put it in a good place to capitalize though. Even if its opening is as low as $40m, I believe it can still make $160m+. For some reason, I feel like having FF, Compton and etc releasing after it is better than having had the last few weekends be on fire. When everything is dropping off and you're the first movie with great WOM, I think that works better. 

• Like 1

Maybe different demographics than from those hyped-up teen-heavy franchises?

Will be interesting to see if Southpaw holds up any well.

It has been the rare movie to increase its audience score on Flixster after release. When I first checked it was at 79% and now gone up 4% to 83%. 

Pixels has fallen from 60% to 58% and Paper Towns I think is down to 68% after at least 72-74%. 

Unless MI5 & F4 truly break out like crazy, we have to wait for 2 months for The Martian, sitting at the Gravity slot.

Scorch Trial, hmmm, any takers?

There are countless other films that could break out before The Martian,

• Like 1

Unless MI5 & F4 truly break out like crazy, we have to wait for 2 months for The Martian, sitting at the Gravity slot.

Scorch Trial, hmmm, any takers?

If The Martian does even half of what Gravity did, it'll have to be considered a success.

Looks like Paper Towns is following TFIOS's crazy Monday holds. TFIOS had some awesome holds every Monday for some reason.

TFIOS had really good Monday holds b/c it had ridiculously bad Sat/Sun holds. Will be interesting to see if PT replicates that (on a smaller scale)

Hoping for 60M+ opening for MI5. Good WOM from last one and positive early reviews must count for something. And the playing field is as empty as it could be.

Edited by Fake

33,000 user ratings on RT, eesh. Spectre has 35k and that comes out in November. MJ2 has 138k. Even freaking F4 has 113k.

Edited by Truckasaurus