Purple Minion

Latin America Box Office | Godzilla x Kong biggest OW in 2024

Deadline: Venom: Let There Be Carnage had a stunning $20M from Latin America. This makes it the region’s biggest opener of the pandemic era, outperforming recent pics like F9 (+1%), Shang-Chi (+164%) and No Time To Die (+238%) — based on standard opening weekends. The debut is 15% below the original Venom.

• Thanks 1

From Deadline:

Overall, Dune overperformed in Latin America compared to expectations. Mexico had a strong start with $2M and ranking No. 1 ahead of Venom 2 as well as outperforming pandemic comps including Tenet (+129%) and Free Guy (+163%). Brazil also fared well compared to expectations with an $896K launch which was 79% ahead of Free Guy, 149% above Godzilla Vs Kong and 299% over Tenet. 

Venom 2 held the top 1 spot in nine out of 10 markets, grossing $5M as a region and taking that cume to $45.9M. The top plays are Mexico ($19.8M cume) and Brazil ($9M).

Quite surprised we have previews today here in Panama since the movie is opening tomorrow but reactions are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Everyone is saying the experience is worth the ticket, this thing is going to be monstrous.

Cant wait to see it on Sat.

Any prediction for LATAM? Is 150M-200M possible for the whole region? I guess Mexico and Brazil can do half of that...

32 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Quite surprised we have previews today here in Panama since the movie is opening tomorrow but reactions are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Everyone is saying the experience is worth the ticket, this thing is going to be monstrous.

Cant wait to see it on Sat.

Any prediction for LATAM? Is 150M-200M possible for the whole region? I guess Mexico and Brazil can do half of that...

I think they will make $100M-$120M in total

17 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline: Latin America opening days for SM:NWH totaled $19.25M. The film is the biggest opening day ever for Sony in Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, and Ecuador. In Brazil, a $3.6M start makes No Way Home the No. 2 opening day ever, after Avengers: Endgame.

Brazil should be the biggest OD in Ic