Ethan Hunt

Ethan Hunt reviews: Year 10

Heads or Tails- A fun yet familiar action flick, both leads deliver solid performances.- B

The Call of the Reverent- A solid cast and an intriguing set up feel wasted when the film fails to deliver any real scares- C

The Good the Bad and the Mechanical- it exists I didn't really feel much of anything towards it - B

Timmy's Winter Vacation- Maybe its a silly family comedy. But it feels nice and breezy and is an incredibly pleasant watch - B+

1989- somewhat entertaining but unmemorable- B-

Ophidophobia- neither funny nor scary, feels uninspired-D+

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Part 2- the cast puts out excellent puts out excellent performances (especially JGL as the suave leading lawyer) the pacing is brisk and s great sense of mystery is created. Though in the ending it becomes annoying just how easily Phoenix is able to put the pieces together and it kinda kills the tension that the rest of the first had built up. - B+

Moses- nice to look at and fairly well acted, but incredibly boring- C

The Disappointment- hmmmm....Not very funny but too silly to be too offensive- C-

The Executioner- overly serious and providing few thrill and little tension- C-

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Black Friday- An intriguing story and an awesome cast come together? Yeah I like it. This film film can feel really grim at times and its pretty intense for what it is. - A

Jurassic Knights- Feels awfully similar to Rhino Riders :ph34r: All in all a mildly fun time at the theatre- B

Second to Singapore- The material isn't overly funny, but Rogen and Franco have enough chemistry and charisma to keep it somewhat interesting- B-

On a Mountain- I was actually mimicking the title of this film and it gave me an idea for a film that I'll do for next trimester :lol: One plot point in this film feels very forced and there are some questionable choices made by the lead character but the short runtime, over the top action, and Keanu being Keanu make it more fun than most of the action films released thus far in the year - B

E.S.P- Not unlike Big Hero 6 it starts pretty slow but picks up the pace as it continues. Jack is a likable lead character. The Subway sequence does feel like the peak of the film - B+

• Like 1

Crusader- Liam Neeson is given a more interesting character to play than in your typical Liam Neeson action flick. The story is a little slow at first but the film finishes of excellently- B+

Ciphias Cain- An intense Sci-fi action reminding me very much of Lieman's own Edge of Tomorrow. Urban gives a surprisingly good performance in the leading role and the tone of then film really works- A-

MST3K: Expedecade- Well... This is basically a high production value but lengthy version of a cinemasind video. As a big fan of Cinemasins myself I still can't really say I would suggest to someone that they should pay the money to watch this; its not all bad though because the film does deliver some laughs- B

Kensington- Lord knows that I love me some Paul Greengras. He creates an intense situation out of this movie but I can say that the acting wasn't always great -B+

Edited by Ethan Hunt

MST3K: Expedecade- Well... This is basically a high production value but lengthy version of a cinemasind video. As a big fan of Cinemasins myself I still can't really say I would suggest to someone that they should pay the money to watch this; its not all bad though because the film does deliver some laughs- B

Cinema Sins?! I think you should wash out your mouth with soap for trying to compare that crap to Mystery Science Theatre 3000. For shame...

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 1

Run & Gun 2- Both leads were good (although I feel like Benedict was given a lot more to do.) The action was exciting. The first two acts of the film were intriguing and set up for an exciting finale, which sadly doesn't deliver- C+

45-seconds of Glory- Anthony Mackie gives an excellent leading performance and the Olympic events are directed in such a way that there is real stake and tension. But outside of those two things the film feel vanilla- B-

On The Record- The songs are fun. Skylar Astin is awsome. I wasn't really invested in the (silly) drama but I was having a blast so I didn't care- B+

Attack of the movies- Stiller and James had me laughing- B+

Monster Hunter- Andrew Stanton creates a vibrant colorful world with unique and terrifying monsters. The action is awesome. I'm not a big fan of the Rock and this film does absolutely nothing to change that. In fact I didn't care about most of the characters with Mala being the one major exception- B

City Launcher/World Builder- Neeson might give my favorite performance of the year so far here ( He has tough competition from Levitt in The Ace Attorney sequel though) The film starts off great. Very atmospheric and kinda haunting. The second half is still entertaining but it doesn't feel as strong as the first half- A-

The Runaway Man- Feels generic and sleepy-C-

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 2

Dresden Files: Full Moon- RDJ and Shane Black are a deadly combo, downright hilarious while maintaining an intensity around the core story line, Bravo.- A

Day of the Tentacle- it is isn't laugh out loud funny but there are some chuckles to be had-B

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Adventure Begins- ehhh... Maybe its just cause I don't know anything about Pokémon, but this was a bit confusing and honestly pretty boring- C-

The Throne of Fire- its nothing particularly exciting but a fun trip none the less - B

The Parade- yeah... For a comedy it really quite unamusing- D+

2 Sharkz- The intentionally bad film prevails in being bad/good. - B

A Love Worth Dying For- The pre-title bit is laugh-out-loud hilarious. Tatum and Lawrence have excellent chemistry. I do feel the second half of the film slowed down quite a bit and wasn't as engaging as the first half of the film - B

The Line- Absolutely brilliant. Clark is truly incredible, Oyelowo is excellent, Bean is spectacular. The setting is unique and creates a chilling vibe that goes along with the turmoil that the character experience throughout the film. Again absolutely brilliant- A+

Sam Smith: Stay With Me- interesting for a fan of Smith (like myself) but not memorable in the slightest- B-

The Scarecrow- It feels like a span of a couple of good episodes of Criminal Minds with a disappointing conclusion. Norton tries his darnedest to elevate it but alas its pretty forgettable- C

The Wedding Prey- There are some interesting and funny things here mixed in with some non-interesing and unfunny things. Andrea and Jo's schtick was cringe worthy at times. Emily and Jim were slightly better. Sadly the film. Mostly focuses on these two groups.A film focusing on Rachel putting up with all the conflict from the different groups sounds like something that would be a lot more interesting - C-

• Like 3

The Departure- Haunting with an excellent twist but a really random and abrupt ending- C+

My Favorite Scientist- I'm not sure if I even have words for this. Its utterly horrific. Everything is rushed, everything lacks any kind of logic , everything is just a mess. The Kanye music is also super put of place- F

Terminal Red- Craig settles into his role nicely, The film succeeds in being rather creey- B

• Like 1