Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

RN staying flat on Sat is amazing and a great sign of probable good WOM. When was the last time an action sequel didnt decrease on Sat in mid-late July?

It jumped 25.7% from non-preview Friday. That is amazing.

• Like 2

It's a valid discussion. Nolan for MI6. IMAX, Cruise goes sub-zero, Tom Hardy as the villain. 300m in the bag.

IMHO it might be a valid discussion in the general conversation thread or in the matching movie's threads. But not in the Box Office results thread

Instead Jessica Chastain is doing The Huntsman. Talk about a downgrade.

Chastain

Theron 

Blunt 

all in The Huntsman. Makes no sense. 

Before he exited for creative reasons Frank Darabont was the signed on director.

The main reason I was interested into watching that movie.

I'm guessing they were interested to work with the director of 'The Shawshank Redemption' and 'The Green Mile', both based on books / material by Stephen King.

Good hold for MI, WOM already showing. Would be nice to see it beat Ant Man's OW, but will need a great Sun hold for that. Though I think it can get one. I know a very leggy run is coming and it should be fun to track since it seems like most of the board is expecting it will just have a fairly standard 3x multi or so. Can't see that at all.

WOM for Rogue Nation is pretty great at our theatre. First of all, everyone who is coming out of it is loving it, and ticket sales were up at least 35% from yesterday (which doesn't happen in the summer).

• Like 1

5TH UPDATE, Saturday 11:40PM: Industry calculations were expected the bulk of Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation‘s business to come from Friday. Hardly so, with the Paramount-Skydance film slipping 2% today with an estimated $19.9M putting the opening weekend for the Tom Cruise fifthquel at $55M. That’s still the second best FSS for an M:I pic after M:I2‘s $57.3M. Good vibes for M:I5 is spreading, and it wouldn’t be surprising at this point if its Sunday, which is expected to decline -25%, is even better.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/mission-impossible-rogue-nation-vacation-box-office-1201488017/

• Like 3

Same Deadline article:

... Minions and... Ant-Man ... After a 37% surge on Saturday over Friday, Minions currently looks to take No. 3 with $12.3M in its fourth frame and a total cume of $287.5M. Ant-Man is also up +36% on Saturday from Friday with $4.95M. Third weekend looks like $12.28M with a total of $131.8M.

...Pixels ... with $4.1M today, +32% from Friday....stands at $10.38M for a 10-day domestic count of $45.6M.

Sat

MI5 19.7,Vac 5.8,Min 5.2,AM 5,Pix 4,TW 3.8,SP 2.8,PT1.6,IO 1.8, JP4 1.5

Interesting, your details and Deadlines only vary max. $0.2m for the complete weekend estimates :)  (I trust yours more)

Forgot to include:

Vacation ... 31% uptick from Friday with $5.8M .... FSS is ranging from $14.75M-$14.9M with a five-day cume near $21M. ...

Less than 20M? Not very good. But still decent......

Probable run:

Fri: 20.4

Sat: 19.7

Sun: 15.9 (-19%)

Weekend: 56.0M

Mon: 7.0 (-56%)

Tue: 8.0 (+14%)

Wed: 5.5 (-29%)

Thu: 5.0 (-10%)

Fri: 7.5 (+50%)

Sat: 10.5 (+40%)

Sun: 8.0 (-24%)