AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

2 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

YES

Everyone should go watch Congo, theres Lava, super smart blue apes in a jungle, lasers,  and Bruce Campbell is in a scene. 

Oh boy...blast from the past. Haven't seen it for years but as a kid I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Wow, this looks a lot different then I was expecting. So it involves a video game or something, and it looks like its set in the jungle, could be fun.

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

YES

Everyone should go watch Congo, theres Lava, super smart blue apes in a jungle, lasers,  and Bruce Campbell is in a scene. 

Stop eating my sesame cake.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

YES

plus Tim Curry chewing up scenery

and killing apes by "making a phone call"

what's not to love? ;) 

• Like 3

Just now, baumer said:

Delroy Lindo who is always awesome. Okay I will stop now I just love that movie.

it's ok.  We understand ;)

plus hopefully this stays the safe thread on the forum for a while to make up for the others ones going on now :P 

so no issue with Congo talk  lol

• Like 2

It looks fun. I laughed. I think the premise of the four of them being high school kids trapped in these avatars will make for a lot of good humour in the movie. Jack Black looks strong/funny in this.

It looks nothing like Jumanji though - and that's not a bad thing, I just wonder why even call it Jumanji? I think they would have been better off just calling it anything else, and allow it to stand on its own. If it wasn't called Jumanji, I wouldn't have known it was supposed to be a remake/sequel/re-take (?) of the original.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 2

I would have preferred to see the kids going to the jungle. Every single adult avatar looks insufferable, except maybe Jack Black. I generally like The Rock a lot, but damn does he look annoying in this one. Also, Kevin Hart doing his horrible shtick.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I would have preferred to see the kids going to the jungle. Every single adult avatar looks insufferable, except maybe Jack Black. I generally like The Rock a lot, but damn does he look annoying in this one. Also, Kevin Hart doing his horrible shtick.

I am looking forward to Karen Gillian's kick ass character. The sincere, nicer and simpler girl (Morgan Turner) becoming Martha, compared to the one who becomes Jack Black, was funny.

Edited by a2knet

42 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The youtube comments are tearing this to shreds + it's got as many dislikes as likes, who knew that Jumanji was such a seminal movie

keeping the name jumanji for name brand is stupid. It looks nothing at all like Jumanji which has a bright place in a lot of people's heart. he was better of just naming it something else.... 

Like trying to benefit off of nostalgia but making it look completely different from what people are supposed to nostalgic over is stupid/ 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

One of the kids in this trailer was a solid 35 year old man.

Apart from that it looks fun and I'm probably gonna watch it. Thought the 1st Jumanji wasn't that good anyway.

EDIT: Forgot I posted earlier,Forgot I saw this trailer earlier. Doesn't bode well but it is what it is.

Edited by AJG

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

One of the kids in this trailer was a solid 35 year old man.

Apart from that it looks fun and I'm probably gonna watch it. Thought the 1st Jumanji wasn't that good anyway.

EDIT: Forgot I posted earlier,Forgot I saw this trailer earlier. Doesn't bode well but it is what it is.

i found the black guy on instagram and he had like kids and everything lol. He definitely looks like 35 lol. 

edit: lol he made ain inspirational post about him getting the role in Jumanji and how he thought he wouldn't get it because he's way past the age of high school lmao. Can't even hate. 

Edited by ban1o