AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

11 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

It's not a remake, reboot or reimagining. Don't know why people keep saying this. It's been stated multiple times that it's a sequel to the first and will have little moments that elude to the first movie as well as Williams' character. 

Im sure it'll play well enough with families during the holidays. I'll see it sometime between seeing TLJ for the fifth time lol

This is obviously not a sequel non of the original cast is returning,  the main character an ancient magical board game that wash up on a beach of a foreign country is no where in the preview. It be like making a movie about a big dog killing people on the beach and saying it is a Sequel to Jaws. It is Ghostbusters again and Sony haven't learn anything accept don't call it a reboot, say it is a Sequel 

35 minutes ago, commonsense88 said:

This is obviously not a sequel non of the original cast is returning,  the main character an ancient magical board game that wash up on a beach of a foreign country is no where in the preview. It be like making a movie about a big dog killing people on the beach and saying it is a Sequel to Jaws. It is Ghostbusters again and Sony haven't learn anything accept don't call it a reboot, say it is a Sequel 

Here's the plot summary on IMDB

In a brand new Jumanji adventure, four high school kids discover an old video game console and are drawn into the game's jungle setting, literally becoming the adult avatars they chose. What they discover is that you don't just play Jumanji - you must survive it. To beat the game and return to the real world, they'll have to go on the most dangerous adventure of their lives, discover what Alan Parrish left 20 years ago, and change the way they think about themselves - or they'll be stuck in the game forever. 

- Sony Pictures

Sounds like a sequel to me. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cookie said:

I have never heard of this intense love for the original Jumanji until today.

Exactly!  

I call bullshit on some of you having this intense love for the original.  It came out 22 years ago, most of you were still in diapers or not even born yet.  This is the problem with the internet now.  It gives too many people a platform to be angry so they can tell the world about it.

It's not tarnishing the original when you remake it.  I was talking to @Telemachos about this the other night.  Remakes are great because they get people to seek the original and watch it.  I'm all for a remake of anything.  Give me a Jaws, ET or Rambo remake.  Back to the Future, anything is fair game imo.  This doesn't tarnish the legacy of the original, it makes you appreciate it more.  No one is forcing you to see any film you don't want to see.  But, for those who have never gotten around to seeing a film from a time before they were born, maybe the remake gets you to seek it out.  

When Cape Fear came out in 1991, it soon became one of my favourite movies.  And so I immediately went out to find the 1962 film.  I NEVER would have done that if Cape Fear hadn't come out.  Remakes are important because it does allow those of us who never would have given any thought to seeing the original, inspiration to do so.

Stop your moaning.  Jumanji might be a great film, but it's not untouchable and there's no reason not to remake it.

I personally loved the trailer.  I thought the comedy attempts were funny, I thought the cast looked terrific and it's something I will see for sure over Christmas with my family.  

Some of you really need to lighten up...seriously.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Exactly!  

I call bullshit on some of you having this intense love for the original.  It came out 22 years ago, most of you were still in diapers or not even born yet.  This is the problem with the internet now.  It gives too many people a platform to be angry so they can tell the world about it.

It's not tarnishing the original when you remake it.  I was talking to @Telemachos about this the other night.  Remakes are great because they get people to seek the original and watch it.  I'm all for a remake of anything.  Give me a Jaws, ET or Rambo remake.  Back to the Future, anything is fair game imo.  This doesn't tarnish the legacy of the original, it makes you appreciate it more.  No one is forcing you to see any film you don't want to see.  But, for those who have never gotten around to seeing a film from a time before they were born, maybe the remake gets you to seek it out.  

When Cape Fear came out in 1991, it soon became one of my favourite movies.  And so I immediately went out to find the 1962 film.  I NEVER would have done that if Cape Fear hadn't come out.  Remakes are important because it does allow those of us who never would have given any thought to seeing the original, inspiration to do so.

Stop your moaning.  Jumanji might be a great film, but it's not untouchable and there's no reason not to remake it.

I personally loved the trailer.  I thought the comedy attempts were funny, I thought the cast looked terrific and it's something I will see for sure over Christmas with my family.  

Stop talking sense, B! :P

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Exactly!  

Come on Baumer you know perfectly well that when a remake pops up any existing copies of the original film vanishes right before your eyes.

• Like 4

As long as it's not awful, it should easily be the #2 film DOM for December 2017.

Pitch Perfect 3 should decline by at least $50 million from PP2, Greatest Showman will likely do similar as Unbroken and Ferdinand is likely going for the preschool/kindergarten crowd based on Blue Sky going G-rated for everything except Ice Age the past decade.

With its broader appeal than the other major December releases, it should benefit the most from Last Jedi sellouts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Belakor said:

This looks horrible. Insult to everyone who grew up watching with the original with Williams.

You feel insulted by a movie trailer?  

• Like 1

I think I have a solution.  Make a shot for shot remake or Jumanji.  Use CGI Robin Williams and just release the movie and call it Jumanji...Again.  This way all the people who are absolutely in love with the original and are outraged that they remade such a classic, can watch it and feel comforted while doing so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, baumer said:

It's not tarnishing the original when you remake it.

The only way to "tarnish" the original with a remake is by doing a considerably better movie, if you do a worst one the original end up looking even better. I cannot think of one case of a bad remake tarnishing an original, very good remake yes.

Remake are not really dangerous, prequel/sequel in the same cannon, adding explanation element to the original movie, those can tarnish it.

Has for is it a sequel or a reboot, the last one to listen about that would be the studio PR, they had a fear of the word reboot, them not using that word mean nothing (or plugging 2-3 element to make it in the same universe does not either), that just show how easy it is to manipulate people.

I particularly have very vague memories of Jumanji, like, I can remember some of its most memorable images, but that's it. Still think this looks quite bad.

I just find a little bit funny people here saying what others can hold as sacred and what they cannot. 

• Like 2

I see no problem with reboots/remakes after a while with different actors.  What i have a problem with is sequels that no one asked for. Studios don't know when to stop. so many sequels have flopped and are not as good as the original. especially comedies seem to suffer this fate.   lookin' at you Daddy's Home 2 right now...i expect an under performance

Edited by Alli

The only remakes I don't like are, say, BATB that make no effort to change from the original.  Or Psycho.  Or something like that.

But I have no problems with a film like this, because they absolutely are trying to switch things up instead of copy pasting the original story and grabbing some different actors. 

• Like 1