CJohn

Money Monster | 5/13/16

14 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Hardest part about getting the trailer in front of every film is having to endure Jack O'Connell's BRUTAL Noo Yawk accent.

We need to give the Brits payback. I'm thinking Channing Tatum going Cockney

27 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Got the trailer YET AGAIN last night. Thing's gonna follow me to my fucking grave.

LOL maybe it's because I don't get out to see that many movies these days but I've only seen this like twice in theaters. Now you know how everyone felt about Deadpool's trailer.

18 minutes ago, Joel M said:

What is the bo expectations on this movie? Outside of the 2 famous stars it looks like a TV movie from the trailer.

OW might be decent but I don't expect any legs based from what I've read on AwardsWatch. Probably 18/40 or something like that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

OW might be decent but I don't expect any legs based from what I've read on AwardsWatch. Probably 18/40 or something like that.

It is a turd?

I know it will premiere at Cannes :lol: 

1 hour ago, Joel M said:

What is the bo expectations on this movie? Outside of the 2 famous stars it looks like a TV movie from the trailer.

Probably something like $45M max. This isn't the early 2000s (when a Clooney/Roberts film directed by Foster would've been a huge deal) and competition is stiff (although its only truly direct competition is The Nice Guys, given that they're both aiming to be summer counterprogramming options for adults).

Yeah, like how many times over the years have we heard of movies getting booed at Cannes (including Sea of Trees just last year)? It's never the Cannes Film Festival unless at least one movie does.

Edited by filmlover