kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

This was tweeted after he watched it 

i can never tell whether this guy likes a film or not. Then again he's like Skip Bayless of film. 

He's in love with himself being a smart-ass.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nova said:

The embargo lifts tomorrow morning at 6AM pacific time. A friend of mine who went to the NY screening said that SONY probably did that because it felt like it was going to get crapped on. However based on his conversations with some of the more prominent critics, they really liked it. 

He overall liked the film and said it was fun and entertaining. He said Blake Lively gives a her most impressive performance to date. 

Well considering her previous best role to date was as crack whore in The Town, that's not saying much.

52 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Well considering her previous best role to date was as crack whore in The Town, that's not saying much.

I liked her as Adaline too. Oh well.

tumblr_lapjwsv7ic1qablhto1_500.gif~c200

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

When Devin says something vaguely "kind", it usually means he hated it.

He must be such a pleasant person to be around. 

1 hour ago, John Doe said:

I mean i thought she did a really good job in The Age of Adaline....

• Like 2

I can't get over how much some people dislike Blake Lively. Its like her mere existence makes people angry. I know MTV is no longer "news" but they still had the audacity to publish an article calling her "Hollywood's perfect woman," but then you read the article and just roll your eyes because its so backhanded. 

http://www.mtv.com/news/2896215/the-unbearable-blakeness-of-lively/

Edited by Nova

55 minutes ago, Nova said:

I can't get over how much some people dislike Blake Lively. Its like her mere existence makes people angry. I know MTV is no longer "news" but they still had the audacity to publish an article calling her "Hollywood's perfect woman," but then you read the article and just roll your eyes because its so backhanded. 

Goodness. That's a bitter article.

6 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah the embargo lifting the day before release doesn't usually spell good things. I hope it's enjoyable.

Yea I mean i don't know. I think as we saw with Fox with IDR, you never actually know. That film is getting mixed reviews but based on how Fox was acting you would think it was Fantastic Four level bad. I just think studios are more cautious now with when reviews are sent out because you just never know. You could think you have a masterpiece and then the critics are just shitting on it. Having reviews released early doesn't mean its a good film. I really just hope its a good fun movie. I don't care about anything else to be honest haha 

13 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Goodness. That's a bitter article.

But just think. Someone actually wrote it. And then someone agreed that it could be published. I read it and was like wow why so bitter? Did she like piss in your cheerios or something? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Yea I mean i don't know. I think as we saw with Fox with IDR, you never actually know. That film is getting mixed reviews but based on how Fox was acting you would think it was Fantastic Four level bad. I just think studios are more cautious now with when reviews are sent out because you just never know. You could think you have a masterpiece and then the critics are just shitting on it. Having reviews released early doesn't mean its a good film. I really just hope its a good fun movie. I don't care about anything else to be honest haha 

But just think. Someone actually wrote it. And then someone agreed that it could be published. I read it and was like wow why so bitter? Did she like piss in your cheerios or something? 

Yeah I think it will be good. I also think audiences who are used to Sharknado are going to laugh hard at it unfortunately.

I'd avoid evening shows this weekend filled with teens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Doe said:

Are you high?  She was pretty awesome in Adaline.

• Like 1

I don't know what the point of that article was.  It was written by a woman who sounds bitter that Lively is beautiful and successful and married to the hottest guy in the world (imo).

What a tart that author is.  

I don't think there's been enough marketing for this to hit 20 million.  I'd love to see it hit 12 million or more and then behave like a 90's film with good wom and then gets a 4 or 5 multiplier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nova said:

Wow, Lively is a bit too obnoxiously Leftist for me, so I'm not a huge fan, but that is one harsh article.

She's even attacked for being white, lol.

52 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't know what the point of that article was.  It was written by a woman who sounds bitter that Lively is beautiful and successful and married to the hottest guy in the world (imo).

What a tart that author is.  

I don't think there's been enough marketing for this to hit 20 million.  I'd love to see it hit 12 million or more and then behave like a 90's film with good wom and then gets a 4 or 5 multiplier.

I don't know either. It just popped up on my Twitter feed and on Facebook so I decided to take a look at it. I was like do people hate Blake Lively that bad? Like damn continue being jealous and bitter. 

But yea I see this making between $11-13M OW. I can't see it doing more than that at this point but for a film that costs $17M to make it should make a profit. 

• Like 1

Blake was awful in that one superhero movie (Green Lantern? Green something...can't keep track of all that garbage). But she was solid in Age of Adeline (movie was mediocre). There's no real reason to like or dislike her. For now, she's just there. 

Anyway I want to be optimistic because I love people vs animals movies but where are reviews?