CJohn

The Star | 17 NOV 2017 | Sony Pictures Animation | Twerking doves and stealing Lone Ranger jokes in the trailer on pg. 5 | Re-releasing this year on December 7 & 8 (don't ask)

On 10/4/2017 at 0:09 PM, CoolEric258 said:

Fortuneately, there's a severe lack of twerking doves.

I am extremely disappointed in Sony Pictures Animation.

They shouldn't have rushed this project in my opinion. The animation could have been much more fluid if they had kept working on it for a year.

I'm not even comfortable calling the majority of the dialogue 'dialogue'.

It's tough when you're rooting for a film to succeed knowing it's own quality is against it. Now I know how Batman V Superman fans and Suicide Squad fans feel!

I guess it'll be as successful as God wants it to be. And if God is having a major hand in the gross, I bet the amount will probably reveal the motives of the filmmakers- if they can even be called that this time around.

• Like 1

This is gonna benefit from the fact that there will be a lot of publications who are way too focused on JL to review before this comes out.  Not that I think it will help this film much.  I see better animation coming from a lot of direct to DVD/Direct to Netflix series recently.  The days when big companies could easily get by with shoddy animation is over.

• Like 2

Had another studio made this or Sony made more of an effort both marketing, storytelling and animation wise this would’ve been a nice little hit. As a Christian, although most faith films do not do much for me, nor I am the biggest Christian, I would have liked an animated Nativity movie to do well ala Prince of Egypt. However The Star looks like garbage and the reviews although positive aren’t from top critics.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Had another studio made this or Sony made more of an effort both marketing, storytelling and animation wise this would’ve been a nice little hit. As a Christian, although most faith films do much for me, I would have liked an animated Nativity movie to do well ala Prince of Egypt. However The Star looks like garbage and the reviews although positive aren’t from top critics.

The Prince of Egypt was very well put together.  One of the best efforts to come from Dreamworks and one of their earliest.

• Like 5

Just now, Sal said:

The Prince of Egypt was very well put together.  One of the best efforts to come from Dreamworks and one of their earliest.

Prince of Egypt is a good movie first, it might be my favorite Dreamworks movie.

• Like 2