Gopher

Wednesday #s: Eight Fresh Releases This Weekend and Fantastic Four Edition

I think the weekend for MI will be fine. We know it's skewing much older and older folks work during the week!

Tele is retired, get it right.

Easy livin since 1976.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

Too early to jump to conclusions...but I doubt studio will be very much enthusiastic for MI6 after these numbers

The first rule of BoxOfficeTheory, you do not talk about a movie s bo performance until the chinese bo run is finished.

The second rule of BoxOfficeTheory, you do not talk about a movie s bo performance until the chinese bo run is finished.

• Like 3

I always find it funny when a number comes in lower than expected or seems to be affected by something and people expect it to recover. Mission was always falling 25% plus no matter the increase.

1% of the time is a disappointing number not reflective of the real performance (Shrek 2).

Thank goodness stop motion animation still has a healthy OS following, because DOM has not been kind to it lately. Looks like Shaun will be the second lowest grossing wide release sm DOM, after Monkeybone.

Shaun The Sheep isn't doing all that well overseas, looking at the numbers. It flopped in every country other then the U.K.

It's a shame though. It's apparently really good (it's Aardman, so I'm not surprised). Lionsgate basically dumped it in the U.S. Releasing it on a Wednesday was such a stupid move as well.

Edited by Insidearcher

Thank goodness stop motion animation still has a healthy OS following, because DOM has not been kind to it lately. Looks like Shaun will be the second lowest grossing wide release sm DOM, after Monkeybone.

OMG Monkeybone, the movie that killed Bridget Fonda's will to act (her most recent acting credit is the Hallmark Snow Queen movie from 2002)!

OMG Monkeybone, the movie that killed Bridget Fonda's will to act (her most recent acting credit is the Hallmark Snow Queen movie from 2002)!

Not really, having children was largely responsible for Fonda's decision to leave the acting business. Also, she wasn't interested in eventually getting typecasted as older mothers.