Gopher

Thursday #s: :/

The reviews or WOM isn't helping MI5 at all...its struggling even to match AM

Yea am really surprised at MI5's performance this week. I expected WOM to have a big impact.

Interesting to think maybe the stellar WOM's impact maybe less than anticipated? I find it a weird case esp that Antman's WOM wasn't better in any way than MI5

Maybe sometimes we over estimate how WOM can affect films whereas there are other factors that could come into play.

• Like 1

Honestly...with all of the press about violence at theaters of late, soft numbers are really not that surprising to me. It could push those on the fence into waiting a few months to see the current crop of films in the safety of their homes. It's bound to have at least a small effect. I saw MI5 on the day the last incident happened, so I feel I did my part.

• Like 2

Honestly...with all of the press about violence at theaters of late, soft numbers are really not that surprising to me. It could push those on the fence into waiting a few months to see the current crop of films in the safety of their homes. It's bound to have at least a small effect. I saw MI5 on the day the last incident happened, so I feel I did my part.

Scientology thanks you.

Still growing.

• Like 2

Yea am really surprised at MI5's performance this week. I expected WOM to have a big impact.

Interesting to think maybe the stellar WOM's impact maybe less than anticipated? I find it a weird case esp that Antman's WOM wasn't better in any way than MI5

Maybe sometimes we over estimate how WOM can affect films whereas there are other factors that could come into play.

Or may be its just Scientology and Cruise...many people may not be that much eager to watch his movies no matter how good the reviews or wom are. EOT also with strong wom and reviews barely cracked 100m. And MI5 had everything going in its favor...a well received GP, good trailer, strong reviews, weak market but couldn't break out. After OW we expected good legs but surprisingly its been very mediocre so far. Cruise movies may not flop as he is making good movies, is a good actor and put lot of efforts but things have started to turn out such that if they are not going to flop they are not going to do big/huge numbers as well.

Or may be its just Scientology and Cruise...many people may not be that much eager to watch his movies no matter how good the reviews or wom are. EOT also with strong wom and reviews barely cracked 100m. And MI5 had everything going in its favor...a well received GP, good trailer, strong reviews, weak market but couldn't break out. After OW we expected good legs but surprisingly its been very mediocre so far. Cruise movies may not flop as he is making good movies, is a good actor and put lot of efforts but things have started to turn out such that if they are not going to flop they are not going to do big/huge numbers as well.

who cares about Scientology? who watches movies base on religion? Cruise himself has not talked publically about scientology in years...stop blaming religion and except an aging star fades naturally, he is still a draw, but not as potent

• Like 4

The reviews or WOM isn't helping MI5 at all...its struggling even to match AM

Yep. I laughed so hard last night when i read that BOM is sure that it will do 35 mill(-37%)...

What are they thinking over there? Is it run by a monkey with dice's??

• Like 1

who cares about Scientology? who watches movies base on religion? Cruise himself has not talked publically about scientology in years...stop blaming religion and except an aging star fades naturally, he is still a draw, but not as potent

Its not just about the draw...he have still somewhat draw which stops movies from being flop...but when your movies keeps on failing to breakout even after good wom/reviews then there have to be something wrong..good wom definitely helps most of the movies...may be EOT was exception...but again MI5

Edited by The Dark Rock
  • Like 1