Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Um, Interstellar was the new Christopher freakin' Nolan film with the award winning McConaissance attached. And even it missed 200. So that should really prove the Martian doesn't have a shot.

Unrelated but I want Gyllenhaal as the next Nolan lead

Also, wasn't this movie supposed to be released on June 19? I wonder if they delayed it because of the reshoots.

(Although I can't imagine how low this would have went coming the weekend off Jurassic World)

Bahaha imagine this opening against week 1 of Inside Out and week 2 of Jurassic World

(Still an early) Update - 

Fantastic Four: 10.3

Mission 7.5

The Gift 4

Ricki 3.3

Minions 1.8

F4 was ahead of MI5 hourly biz earlier today but now they're about the same.

The Gift:

That'd be an amazing start; I'm not being sarcastic. The marketing was atrocious

At least I feel like the casting process for the third season isn't gonna piss on expectations and be as disappointing as last time. remember when Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Jessica Chastain, Fassbender etc. were all rumored to be in the running for season 2? Somehow I doubt the big name rumors will come up again next time...

Colin Farrell can never be disappointing anymore.

I'm surprised they didn't bring in Ottman to edit it into something more coherent. But maybe there was simply nowhere to go.

My guess is that bigger pieces were either incomplete or needed extensive (and expensive) work done to them. And perhaps even their inclusion caused other issues. Fox decided they didn't want to pay a ton to redo stuff and/or fully finish what they had on their hands, and they figured a short piece of shit is better than a long piece of shit, so they reworked it as best they could given what they had and moved on.  

But even a TV editor like Tele could have edited this better than what it is now.   :P

Hey! :mellow:

(It's not the editor's fault.)

• Like 1

Joe Carnahan on Twitter :

"I just think of myself at roughly Trank's age on MI3 & if Twitter had been around then, I would have been a dead man with no career."

OMG he's 31! He should know better than to go on some Twitter rant about a studio.

It opened here on May of last year and did some solid numbers.

I think it would have done well if it opened in the US. I think Shaun would have done a lot better with some advertising too.

• Like 1

Joe Carnahan on Twitter :

"Nice to know that those vigilant online trolls can copy & paste & make Josh Trank pay dearly for any unfortunate faux pas. Thank you cunts."

"I just think of myself at roughly Trank's age on MI3 & if Twitter had been around then, I would have been a dead man with no career."

"The trolls had it in for Trank. If someone like Nolan had been behind FF, they couldn't get on their knees to felate that film, fast enough."

This guy acting like some sort of irresistible force made Trank write that tweet and hit post.

Well it looks like Uncle now has less competition next week.

@BoxOffice: The Weinstein Company’s UNDERDOGS will no longer open on August 14 and is currently without a release date.

Goddamnit I'm gonna get this trailer in front of every animated movie for all eternity, aren't I?

And Jamie Bell has that tintin sequel peter jackson SWEARS he's making. toby kebbell has surefire hit warcraft, reg e cathey will still randomly show up for house of cards two episodes a season. it's all good with everyone.

Lol Jamie Bell. Kebbell has that Apes sequel too. And I always thought it was weird Cathey was in this movie haha

So let's see for FF

10.3 Friday

7.8 Saturday (a bit higher than Friday sans midnight)

6.4 Sunday (20% drop)

24.5 max OW

I can't see this even clearing $25 for OW

I can't see its Saturday going that high because it has bad WOM based on social media. It will drop around 10% without Thursday previews.

So let's see for FF

10.3 Friday

7.8 Saturday (a bit higher than Friday sans midnight)

6.4 Sunday (20% drop)

24.5 max OW

I can't see this even clearing $25 for OW

And then downhill. Expect big theater loss and drops in the box office.