Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

I'd add Elektra to that list (suggestion)

Jonah Hex will also would be a good choice for the list. Considering it had a troubled production history, and was a huge flop, even with a considerably smaller budget.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 2

Because they included a middle. To be more accurate, there wouldn't have been a cave scene. There would have been a "Two Months Later" title card after he got captured instead, and then him breaking out.

A big difference is RDJ could sit in front of  green screen with no script (not so different from the actual movie) for 90 minutes and it would still be more entertaining.    Not only did F4 have no payoff the build up was boring and most reviews are not extolling the performances.  The kindest ones usually pick out one of the a cast (it varies according to review) as not being bland and speaking in a monotone. With that level of talent that's something else to blame on the director.

Craptastic

Fansuctastic

Come on people, the film is now where near the likes of a 

Highlander II

Electra

or anyone of those trash heaps.

Its not that bad.

• Like 1

Craptastic

Fansuctastic

Come on people, the film is now where near the likes of a 

Highlander II

Electra

or anyone of those trash heaps.

Its not that bad.

I only saw Elektra the one time, but I honestly just remember it being utterly forgettable and unnecessary more than I remember it being awful. Catwoman and both Ghost Rider's I thought were awful for example.

The CBM debacles of the decades:

80's: Superman IV

90's: Batman and Robin

00's: Catwoman

10's: Fant4stic

Hey at least the title won't belong to a DC one this decade, which given Green Lantern's existence is pretty amazing.

LOL the decade isn't over yet... there's still time for DC to fuck up again.

Joe Carnahan on Twitter :

"The trolls had it in for Trank. If someone like Nolan had been behind FF, they couldn't get on their knees to felate that film, fast enough."

But Nolan directed one of the best superhero movies of all time and the best superhero trilogy of all time. All Trank has is Chronicle.

I will say that Fantastic Four isn't as bad as Iron Man 2 or Spirit of Vengeance

EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME:

Iron Man 2 is not a bad movie. It is mediocre at worst and average at best. All of the Iron Man 2 promotional material is likely better than a single second of this 100 minutes atrocity.

Let's not be obtuse because it is one of MCU's worst movies.

• Like 3

Just watched it. Holy hell, it was utter mess and I'm sorry for people that are defending Trank but first half of the movie sucks, just last 15 mins sucks even more. One of the worst endings in a movie. 2/10. Utter crap, thanks for ruining F4. At least first 2 movies were watchable with great chemistry between Ben and Johnny. This is a train wreck from start to finish. Just give them up FOX, you had your chance with them.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 6