Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

I just try to accept that there is a niche group of folks on this board who think IM2 is as bad as the true horrors of the CBM world. 

That it's somehow on par with B&R, GR:SoV, Elektra or Catwoman.

It's not but they are entitled to their opinion...their opinion is just wrong. Yes, you can have a wrong opinion when it's objectively obtuse and nothing but hyperbole. 

I doubt anyone truly believes that. They just want something to use to knock Marvel down a peg or two, which I'm sure is frustrating when they don't flop nearly as hard as other studios do on a regular basis. 

They had it planned. Who said anything otherwise? It was not set in stone though before the Disney deal. Fant4stic 2 was planned for 2 years from now. Do you think it is actually happening now though? I laugh if you think the casual audiences knew IH was supposed to be connected to IM1 back in summer '08. Please. Only the internet and comic fans did. Disney is the one that made MCU a franchise to the casuals, and ensured everyone knew they were setting up interlocking stories with the films.

Avengers was on the schedule before Disney got in. What do you not understand about this. It was there with a release date set on stone and everyone knew. It was gonna be released by Paramount. Are you going full retard on me? Disney had to make a deal to release the movie LMAO. Paramount still received over 110M from his DOM run.

Edited by CJohn

You do realize that you're the one who's been proselytizing and ranting through this entire topic about the rights of FOX and the evil of Marvel and the wish for their downfall.  You've left raging fanboy 30 plus pages ago and entered into the realm of zealot.

Because of the absolute dumb stupid shit some people are saying. 

• Like 1

You are going too low and too dumb for me here and I can't continue. You are super wrong. All of that was already controlled by Feige and Avengers was on the schedule before Disney bought Marvel. But sure, keep going with that theory.

DOFP was done by Singer. They trusted him, he had made X-Men movies before. Apes followed exactly the same type of movie as the first. 0 risks. The director's job was not to fuck up (just like Francis Lawrence when he was hired for Catching Fire). I really don't see what you are trying to do here. You failed spectacularly. 

:qotd:  :WHATanabe:  :ohmygod:

I really feel Ant-Man could have done 250M if Edgar Wright directed the exact same movie. The fandom has wanted Wright to break out to the mainstream for quite a long time, and we could have seen a GOTG like groundswell of support for it. 

That's why Wright should direct MI6     :ph34r:

Edited by Blankments

You mean you.

All I said is reality. All is truth. Avengers had the May 4 release date set on stone before Disney came in. It is a fact. Feige was already behind all production in 2008. All that is the MCU. People saying it isn't is hysterical. 

• Like 1

Partly. But Ant-Man does really feel like it came in with much much less buzz than any Marvel movie since forever, and has performed basically exactly as expected. At least with Wright, there would have been an interesting X-Factor of whether the internet buzz would translate to the real world - which will be tested with Deadpool next year.

Maybe the combination of Wright + Marvel would've helped, but it could've also just been a case of the GA not caring or knowing who Edgar Wright is. 

• Like 1

I don't get why a lot of people here think that Kung Fu Panda 3 will jump to a 100M OW when the 2nd one actually decreased from the first movie both OW and total. I can see it increasing from the 2nd movie, and maybe even making 200M+ in China, but I don't see a huge domestic increase. It is still releasing in January and not over the MLK weekend either, a 50M OW and a 150M run should be good enough for it.

Who is thinking 100M OW for KFP3??? I'm hoping maybe 40M is the "that's good" area, and 60M is my dream. Just because I'm stanning doesn't make me delusional

Ethan's probably think 100M OW, isn't he?

• Like 1

Avengers was on the schedule before Disney got in. What do you not understand about this. It was there with a release date set on stone and everyone knew. It was gonna be released by Paramount. Are you going full retard on me? Disney had to make a deal to release the movie LMAO. Paramount still received over 110M from his DOM run.

Fant4stic 2 is on the schedule for June 9, 2017. It ain't happening though. The whole MCU idea was way too wobbly in summer '08 for anything beyond IM2 to be set in stone. What do you not understand about the GA not getting IH was connected to IM1 at that time? Especially since there was nothing in the actual film to indicate that. You had to wait for a post credit scene that the GA likely never saw to begin with.

Bottom line: MCU was not an established franchise to the public yet when IH came out, hence that movie can't be compared to the rest that were.

Edited by MovieMan89

You can stan for whatever you want. As long as you keep your dick spirit inside and don't let it get loose like you did a few weeks ago. 

if Baumer can unleash his dick spirit whenever Pixar releases a movie, Blank can unleash his with an Illumination release

Fair game

• Like 1

Paramount is the one behind The Avengers. Without Paramount there wouldn't be a MCU. But people somehow give Disney credit for this LOL. Paramount was the one that put Avengers on May 4, 2012. Paramount produced in partnership with Marvel Thor, Captain America and Iron Man. Disney had no hand in this. According to all of you the MCU only starts with The Dark World. Because yes, Iron Man 3 was also put on schedule by PARAMOUNT.

• Like 3

Maybe it wouldn't have been so mainstream with Wright.  Fandom has been waiting a long time for Wright to break out and all his films combined haven't done $250m domestic.   GOTG in the end is a movie Marvel wanted to produce and release.  Wrights Ant-Man wasn't.  Maybe there's a reason for that.

Wright announced he was doing Ant-Man in 2006 while the first Iron Man movie was also announced! 9 YEARS AGO! 10 MCU movies ago!

http://www.superherohype.com/features/91587-exclusive-edgar-wright-talks-ant-man

Ant-Man never coming out was the reason why the character wasn't in the first Avengers.  This guy was NEVER going to get the movie done, unless Marvel kicked his ass. When Marvel finally gave him a deadline, Wright bailed. Wright wasn't some guy pushed around by a big bad studio, I'm on Marvel's side on this. <_<

• Like 2

Who is thinking 100M OW for KFP3??? I'm hoping maybe 40M is the "that's good" area, and 60M is my dream. Just because I'm stanning doesn't make me delusional

Ethan's probably think 100M OW, isn't he?

LMFAO! who's ever lovin fanboy mind is predicting that? I just hope it can at least be a minor success now that it's out of Star Wars' massive shadow.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/19002-kung-fu-panda-3-january-ow-record/

Fant4stic 2 is on the schedule for June 9, 2017. It ain't happening though. The whole MCU idea was way too wobbly in summer '08 for anything beyond IM2 to be set in stone. What do you not understand about the GA not getting IH was connected to IM1 at that time? Especially since there was nothing in the actual film to indicate that. You had to wait for a post credit scene that the GA likely never saw to begin with.

Bottom line: MCU was not an established franchise to the public yet when IH came out, hence that movie can't be compared to the rest that were.

How can you prove this? I knew AND I was far from those worlds at the time. Anyway, knowing or not, TIH is MCU just like the first Iron Man. Saying they aren't is hysterical.

And of course it can because it was produced by Feige and was a WW flop. Feige, btw, the true mastermind behind all the MCU. Disney had nothing to do with it. They just wanted to be a part of the money machine. Your idea is hilarious and funny. Fanboy's mentality. 

Edited by CJohn