Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

They were both weak as hell.

Idris Elba would've made the ideal War Machine.

It was waste casting him as Heimdall (though he was memorable in the role).

Ok, fair enough. Plus, Mrs Wrath would pay to watch Elba read the phone book.

• Like 1

Paramount is the one behind The Avengers. Without Paramount there wouldn't be a MCU. But people somehow give Disney credit for this LOL. Paramount was the one that put Avengers on May 4, 2012. Paramount produced in partnership with Marvel Thor, Captain America and Iron Man. Disney had no hand in this. According to all of you the MCU only starts with The Dark World. Because yes, Iron Man 3 was also put on schedule by PARAMOUNT.

But Disney created the awareness to the public, beyond the fanboys. They made sure each film contained enough to let everyone know there was interlocking stories building to something. IH did none of that under Paramount's handling. And I'm not convinced the build up to TA would have been handled nearly as well if Disney never came on board. Disney may bomb hard due to over-inflated budgets sometimes, but they do know their shit about marketing to a broad audience. I think Paramount would have just continued focusing on the fanboys, and that wouldn't have been good enough to yield the kind of success Avengers wrought.

I'm not sure whether I really like Hammer or if Sam's stanning just wore off on me.

I've always liked him, it just turned out Sam and I were kindred spirits on that one. Still need a X Men Origins Wolverine stanning club

Also, lets not forget at the time Iron Man 1 was released studios wouldn't fill schedules with sequels without their prior movies getting released. Which is the dumbest thing ever btw. Now Paramount and FOX will have to pass by the embarrassments of taking the FF and T sequels off the schedule. 

• Like 1

But Disney created the awareness to the public, beyond the fanboys. They made sure each film contained enough to let everyone know there was interlocking stories building to something. IH did none of that under Paramount's handling. Disney may bomb hard due to over-inflated budgets sometimes, but they do know their shit about marketing to a broad audience. I think Paramount would have just continued focusing on the fanboys, and that wouldn't have been good enough to yield the kind of success Avengers wrought.

That was all Feige. ALL FEIGE. Disney isn't even involved in any decisions Marvel does. They just let Feige do his thing. Btw, if the Captain America shield showing up in Iron Man 2 or the Hulk vs Abomination story in the news behind RDJ also in Iron Man 2 or the Coulson going to Mexico because Thor showed up isn't interconnecting stories I don't know what it is...

And I'm not convinced the build up to TA would have been handled nearly as well if Disney never came on board.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Paramount did everything until Avengers. They produced Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America. They were the ones that took the risk of producing a Captain America movie and a Thor movie. They were the ones that put Avengers on May 4, 2012. All Disney did was the marketing campaign of Avengers lol. So what build up are you talking about? The one Paramount did? Lol.

Edited by CJohn

They were both weak as hell.

Idris Elba would've made the ideal War Machine.

It was waste casting him as Heimdall (though he was memorable in the role).

Boo! Howard is one of my favorite performances in the MCU and he's the best thing about the first Iron Man film

You've been extremely anti-Marvel since FF flopped.

Next time don't bet on the wrong team.

I never bet on F4. I have been saying 100M tops since 2 or 3 months ago. I never believed the tracking saying 55M OW. So I guess you are wrong. Again. I am anti stupid Internet fanboys. Not anti Marvel.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

If Fox cancels FF2, they'll either just move Wolverine III from March to June or even Ferdinand from April but I imagine both films will stay put

IF?!?!???!

If Fox cancels FF2, they'll either just move Wolverine III from March to June or even Ferdinand from April but I imagine both films will stay put

Or Fox reboots F4 again and puts it where the sequel was supposed to be...

• Like 1

How can you prove this? I knew AND I was far from those worlds at the time. Anyway, knowing or not, TIH is MCU just like the first Iron Man. Saying they aren't is hysterical.

And of course it can because it was produced by Feige and was a WW flop. Feige, btw, the true mastermind behind all the MCU. Disney had nothing to do with it. They just wanted to be a part of the money machine. Your idea is hilarious and funny. Fanboy's mentality. 

Not sure why I'm still arguing with you since you're obviously very misguided to start with if you think I'm an MCU fanboy. However, I was never arguing TIH isn't part of MCU, but that the GA didn't understand what that was at the time. The whole thing was still too tentative and they made no effort to really connect IM1 and TIH. I never said anything about it not actually being a part of MCU, just that its performance can't be compared to the rest that were released when the GA knew they were part of a franchise.

• Like 3