kayumanggi

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS | 11.18.16 | Focus | final gross ● 10.66 M

MICHAEL SHANNON AND AARON TAYLOR-JOHNSON BECOME “NOCTURNAL ANIMALS” WITH JAKE GYLLENHAAL AND AMY ADAMS

http://www.tracking-board.com/michael-shannon-and-aaron-taylor-johnson-become-nocturnal-animals-with-jake-gyllenhaal-and-amy-adams/

In the film, based on Austin Wright’s 1993 novel “Tony and Susan,” Shannon will play a detective who sets out to investigate a violent incident in which Gyllenhaal’s family is involved, while Taylor-Johnson will play a mysterious figure who may pose a threat to Gyllenhaal’s family. Gyllenhaal and Adams will play the titular characters Tony and Susan, respectively.

The film received quite a bit of buzz at Cannes this year, after worldwide distribution rights were sold to Focus Features for a jaw-dropping $20 million–making it the biggest deal of the festival.

Edited by kayumanggi

I am really interested in this. Hopefully it is vindication for Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal snubs.

Apparently Phoenix was offered the role of the detective and turned it down. That would have been an A+++++ cast. Shannon is good too though!

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think it's save to say the thread can be moved to the main section right @CJohn or someone? hollywood reporter loved it too btw. i'm glad for this. from all the movies premiering at venice this is the one i was most interested in.

Thank you. I am gonna move it now and add a release date to the title. 

On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 9:21 AM, kayumanggi said:

MICHAEL SHANNON AND AARON TAYLOR-JOHNSON BECOME “NOCTURNAL ANIMALS” WITH JAKE GYLLENHAAL AND AMY ADAMS

http://www.tracking-board.com/michael-shannon-and-aaron-taylor-johnson-become-nocturnal-animals-with-jake-gyllenhaal-and-amy-adams/

In the film, based on Austin Wright’s 1993 novel “Tony and Susan,” Shannon will play a detective who sets out to investigate a violent incident in which Gyllenhaal’s family is involved, while Taylor-Johnson will play a mysterious figure who may pose a threat to Gyllenhaal’s family. Gyllenhaal and Adams will play the titular characters Tony and Susan, respectively.

The film received quite a bit of buzz at Cannes this year, after worldwide distribution rights were sold to Focus Features for a jaw-dropping $20 million–making it the biggest deal of the festival.

Why do studios pay this kind of money for films that MIGHT make 80 mill? Blows my mind.