Avatree

Houston, we have a problem... THE MARTIAN over GRAVITY opening weekend | Club cannot defy Gravity.

Oh, Tree...

Gravity is a timeless classic, the very fabric from which films are made of.

This... this is just a glorified amateur self-published writing, wooing the stupid masses with dumb language and forced humor.

And Ridley used to be my favourite director, but after the Prometheus fiasco he can't help much here.

Damon plus Scott plus us all hoping THIS is the Ridley movie that's actually good this decade...

I can somewhat understand the optimism.

Over Gravity I'm not feeling though.

But better than every Damon lead role movie since 2007 for sure. So, north of 30m no problem. 40m I can believe if it's good.

The first trailer was well received and its positioned as the first big film of the fall, but I think its really gonna come down to how well it does at TIFF in order to beat Gravity's OW.  If its a hit there its gonna have 2 and a half weeks of free buzz + publicity before it hits theaters.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1