CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Ok, I watched 1/2 of this and can understand why some theatres had heightened security, if for the mere fact that just a week ago or so, some dumbass in Ferguson MO. out of nowhere decides to shoot at the Police on Michael Brown's 1 Year Anniversary since his death and in return, he was gunned down and critical condition from that and the point is, is that someone ruined it for everyone just when things were starting to rebuild and get back to normal, then that happens.. So maybe they were being safe then sorry and quietly hoping something along the lines of something like that didn't happen again?? And please, spare me the BKB is a Racist type of Bullshit cause I see it both ways, otherwise, I'll bury ya..

But why, from an objective perspective, would you place security exclusively on a movie with a huge black audience when ALL of the violence in theaters in the past few years, from TDKR to Trainwreck to The Gift and everything in between, has occurred in films with mostly white audiences? It doesn't make sense from an empirical perspective. It's not like there's been any violence occurring in Ride Along, Best Man's Holiday, or hell, Fast and the Furious. So from a security perspective, why utilize extra resources to protect against violence where there's no evidence for it happening, especially when there's been no effort to prevent these other cases? In terms of conflict resolution and empirical solutions, it doesn't make sense- in addition to all the social ramifications. 

Also, if police aren't there in the first place, why would there be a shooting of police at the movies?

• Like 2

(I'll be brief, sorry) .  I get there is still a big problem of black on black crime in this country.  But on CNN's part it comes across as can you believe it  a bunch of black people got together and didn't end up shooting each other.  It comes across as extremely racist.

• Like 3

The same reason there was a random out of nowhere shooting in Ferguson MO on Michael Brown's Anniversary on the Police just when the Community had started to rebuild: Out of unpredictability, that's why.. The theatre owners and media worry about dumb black on black crime occurring and there being the 1 person to ruin it for everyone and thankfully, it didn't happen..

But what about all that dumb white on white crime? What about all the people who died during TDKR and Trainwreck? I'm sure those are just "random events" to the companies whereas despite no evidence of black on black crime in movies, there just HAS to be added security for the summer's most diverse film. 

• Like 3

But what about all that dumb white on white crime? What about all the people who died during TDKR and Trainwreck? I'm sure those are just "random events" to the companies whereas despite no evidence of black on black crime in movies, there just HAS to be added security for the summer's most diverse film. 

I know it's April, but FAST 7, yo.

I mean I really really REALLY don't want to talk about this shit today but if people are going to post inflammatory things that they know are going to piss people off, I don't really believe in just sitting around and letting them do it with no response. 

• Like 1

Hollywood has adjusted the seasons yet again. :P

It's probably a bad thing that I don't consider November and December fall or winter, I now consider them the "holiday" season because of box office. I will not accept summer until May 1st. These movie executives won't get me again. It's also probably bad that I don't even question whether May, traditionally a spring month, is even summer. Because, ya know, it is. 

• Like 1

Hollywood has adjusted the seasons yet again. :P

Christmas is a season for Hollywood. Let me re-check my shit.

January/February - Winter

March/Weekend Before Easter - Spring

Easter Weekend/Labor Day weekend - Summer 

September/October - Fall

November/December - Christmas

:kitschjob: 

• Like 3