Gopher

Monday Numbers: SOC 7.5 MI5 1.7 UNCLE 1.3 F4 920k

School is officially back in here in Ga. as all colleges started on the 17th. Elementary thru high school were already back in from the 1st thru the 14th.

Watch out girl. I might stalk you.

Just kidding.

Or am I?  :ph34r:

• Like 1

So if this holds up Tuesday this could be over 70 million in 5 days! As well as close to or above 80 million in 7 days! Then by Sunday do about 25-28 million for the weekend and earn around 105-110 million then outgross 8 Mile adjusted in a few weeks(if not earlier).

And F4 is already under 1m. Bye bye...

EEsiNvk.gif

EDIT: I just realized that the 1994 version of the FF will probably end up losing less money than the 2015 version, and it was never released in any format.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 6

$6.6 million for Compton is great.

TMNT had $6.5 million its first Monday, and that was partially inflated by the last summer Monday. But it also opened to $65 million. Compton was $5 million less, so to have a higher Monday, despite an R rating, lower OW, less theaters/showings, no summer boost and the expected frontloading is excellent.

How high could Compton go this weekend? $25 million? Possibly $30 million? I guess it all depends on its Tuesday number. 

• Like 1

The momentum for Universal/Legendary’s Straight Outta Compton hasn’t slowed coming off its stellar $60.2M opening weekend, racking up an estimated $7.47M at 2,757 on Monday. That’s a strong number for a Monday in August, considering that turnstiles slow as kids head back to school during mid-week. While last year’s Guardians Of The Galaxy‘s owns the biggest Monday in August at $11.7M, Compton slots ahead of the August Mondays for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ($6.67M), Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes ($6.65M) and G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra ($6.4M). Premium large format has also been key to Compton‘s success, repping 9% of the weekend B.O. with $5.1M. Uni is planning an awards push for theF. Gary Gray-directed film, and began Academy screenings on Saturday.

• Like 4