grim22

Jungle Cruise | July 24 2020 | Disney | The Rock to star. John Requa and Glenn Ficarra writing

This Looks like a great time in the theaters! We Are excited and surprised on how funny and cool the trailer is! This looks like a much better Disney theme park attraction adaptation of movie then the country bears. Haha! :P Here's Our fun reaction and review to this trailer hope ya like it! 

• ...wtf 1

The thing that brings it down for me is the Rock just being the Rock. Films liked PotC worked because Jack Sparrow was a CHARACTER. Based on the trailer I don't see anything unique about The Rocks or Blunt's characters.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, pepper83 said:

I miss fun summer period adventure movies like The Mummy or the first PotC so this could be fun.

Ditto.

No thanks.

But I never got through The Mummy from 1999 either. It's just not for me.

The Rock is quite possibly the worst actor of this new millennium 😂. Another comically dry performance...

3 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

The Rock is quite possibly the worst actor of this new millennium 😂. Another comically dry performance...

He doesn't do enough serious roles but I do recommend watching Snitch. It's a really underrated film from him. 

On 10/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, Eric Addams said:

JUNGLE_CRUISE_FIN_10-10-19_LARGE_1200_17

Haven’t seen the trailer but Yikes at him having his name every so slightly above hers. 

It’s like it’s 1990 again. 

• Not Cool 3

Looks very much like a The Mummy/Jumanji retread. 

Glad to see The Rock is finally getting work. 😉

Edited by lilmac

16 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

lol

I noticed that the character wasn't in the trailer, figured it was because they were focusing on the leads. Is this true? So Disney realized the straight guy playing effiminate wouldn't fly in 2019 after the fact, when everyone could have told them that the minute it first got reported.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/dolittle-jungle-cruise-charlies-angels-social-media/

Jungle Cruise did make waves online, especially on Instagram, but given its reportedly massive price tag and the fact that it is a Disney production its social turnout is somewhat underwhelming. Obviously there is time to fine tune the marketing message and generate more enticing trailers. But as far as summer blockbuster trailers go, Jungle Cruise’s debut was more of a whimper than a roar.

On 10/13/2019 at 3:05 AM, CoolioD1 said:

lol

How surprising, he’s a pest anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Eric Addams said:

Not surprised, I haven’t seen anyone talking about it online. Same with Onward actually.  

Edited by Krissykins

On 10/12/2019 at 9:05 PM, CoolioD1 said:

lol

Imagine letting someone waste time like that. Disney really thought people wouldn't have a problem until that late in the game?

• Like 1