grim22

Jungle Cruise | July 30 2021 | Disney | Theaters and Premier Access

I can't believe LGBTQ and feminists are worse than nazis, but why am I not surprised someone thinks that?

I'm more concerned that this is being hyped up as non-representation like LeFou was more than the sexuality of the actor himself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Morieris said:

I can't believe LGBTQ and feminists are worse than nazis, but why am I not surprised someone thinks that?

I'm more concerned that this is being hyped up as non-representation like LeFou was more than the sexuality of the actor himself.

Feminists are worse than cancer

Edited by Jessie

17 hours ago, AndyK said:

LGBT community have officially become the most toxic group on twitter.

Well...as a member of the LGBT community I have to disagree. It is quite funny that those who say "LGBT community is toxic" or "feminists are the worst" are usually white straight males (i don't know if this is your case). Regarding the announcement that Jungle Cruise will feature the first open gay character in a Disney blockbuster I personally find it kind of stupid to have to announce that, like just do it Disney without having to say it more than one year in advance, after all I don't see announcements saying "This character will be straight" or this movie will feature a "straight couple". Sadly nowadays it is still necessary to make this type of announcements public and have as much representation of the LGBT community as possible in movies and TV shows, I can tell you that it feels really nice to be represented in movies cause sometimes we just need something as simple as that. The problem comes when you announce there will be a LGBT character in a movie or TV show and you don't treat the character with respect or you show nothing that would indicate that that character is like this. 

If you are saying that the LGBT community on twitter is "toxic" because some members are criticizing the choice of a straight actor to play a gay character, well I agree that any actor, no matter their sexuality, can play any character but I also agree that some gay actors are not being hired enough and this could be a great opportunity for them. 

Now speaking about the character I really hope Disney treats it with respect and it is not another LeFou (Beauty and the Beast), cause that was pathetic. Cannot say anything about Dumbledore yet but let's hope that turns out great as well and they didn't say "Dumbledore is gay and is in love with Grindelwald" just to please the LGBT fans, that would be another example of discrimination and disrespect to the whole community. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AndyK said:

LGBT community have officially become the most toxic group on twitter.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen.

The extreme right, hardcore gamers and hardcore comic book fans*(big overlap in all of these 3 groups btw) are way worse**. I participate a lot in gaming communities and I also have a big interest in comic book but that part of the fandom is horrible, horrifying and pathetic all in equal measures and some extreme members of the LGBT community being loud and overly defensive about some silly stuff(this little situation is a bit silly, no doubt)  has nothing on the kind of stuff those other communities do, nothing.

You're just biased as hell, this is not the first nor the second time(or third or fourth...) I've noticed that about you. Careful, don't let your prejudices fill you with hatred, there's no happiness down that road.

*hardcore star wars fans too as we are all well aware, sadly.

**not the whole community, just a very loud and sadly prominent part of their communities.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

The extreme right, hardcore gamers and hardcore comic book fans*(big overlap in all of these 3 groups btw) are way worse**. I participate a lot in gaming communities and I also have a big interest in comic book but that part of the fandom is horrible, horrifying and pathetic all in equal measures and some extreme members of the LGBT community being loud and overly defensive about some silly stuff(this little situation is a bit silly, no doubt)  has nothing on the kind of stuff those other communities do, nothing.

You're just biased as hell, this is not the first nor the second time(or third or fourth...) I've noticed that about you. Careful, don't let your prejudices fill you with hatred, there's no happiness down that road.

**not the whole community, just a very loud and sadly prominent part of their communities.

Bro, why are you so smart?

38 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This should be a featured post.

Absolutely all fandoms on social media are toxic and nobody smells like roses just because toxic fandom A is considered more toxic than toxic fandom B or C. They are all toxic, period, and measure of toxicity doesn't matter. The point is not to be toxic at all and that's impossible on social media since they thrive on it. Absolutely every single one of them engages in gaslighting, bullying, name calling, labeling, victim card playing, entitlement, etc. They are all compromised because social media encourages the worst impulses. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Absolutely all fandoms on social media are toxic and nobody smells like roses just because toxic fandom A is considered more toxic than toxic fandom B or C. They are all toxic, period, and measure of toxicity doesn't matter. The point is not to be toxic at all and that's impossible on social media since they thrive on it. Absolutely every single one of them engages in gaslighting, bullying, name calling, labeling, victim card playing, entitlement, etc. They are all compromised because social media encourages the worst impulses. 

Well I could believe you on your words, but is that based on some solid experiment ?

For example if we would go look at Mamma Mia or Nancy Myers fandom, how much of that we would see ?

I doubt many critics giving rotten score to a Jurassic Park, Transformer or Twilight movie got many death threat.

27 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Well I could believe you on your words, but is that based on some solid experiment ?

For example if we would go look at Mamma Mia or Nancy Myers fandom, how much of that we would see ?

I doubt many critics giving rotten score to a Jurassic Park, Transformer or Twilight movie got many death threat.

Death threat is only a level of toxicity and toxicity comes in various forms. You can't elevate one toxic fandom by pointing out that another is more toxic. They are both toxic which is bad. Toxicity exists in all fandoms cause you can't control all fans. Every fandom has some extremists who say this or that and then it goes viral fast cause that's how social media works. It's unavoidable.