grim22

Jungle Cruise | July 30 2021 | Disney | Theaters and Premier Access

Maybe this is just the 10 or 11 year old me that saw The Mummy '99 for the first time talking, but one of the things I think is great about that movie is it was actually a little scary. Again, maybe the kid me talking, but it wasn't solely an adventure film. There was a creepy vibe to it.

The sequels? That's another story.

On 3/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, John Marston said:

Saw the trailer for the first time. Emily Blunt’s character screams Evy from the first Mummy and even The Rock’s character has some Rick O’Connell vibes 

Let's just say that, uh... a friend of mine went to a test screening of this last summer, and yeah. The core dynamic is basically the trio from the Mummy. 

Spoiler

You have the Rock as the dashing hero (although they were clearly doing some major re-writing/reshoots to his character) Blunt as the booksmart adventurer (who even has a comedic action sequence involving ladders in a library) and Jack Whitehall as her nerdy, cowardly, brother. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst

4 hours ago, Morieris said:

Uc0GlSu.jpgQfWLd6N.jpg

IDK if these are real, simply because they don't have the credits at the bottom...but I hope they are because I love the gag of them partially obscuring each other.

LOL....this made me laugh out loud. Hilarious if it's an intentional gag. 

This movie looks pretty bad but also could be fun but I can't say for sure because these trailers are absolutely awful. What kind of tone were they even aiming for here? Probably the worst trailer I've seen for a Disney film in quite sometime. At this point the movie just looks like the Verbinski Pirates of the Caribbean movies with worse CGI.

Just now, Valonqar said:

yeah, I wished they toned down CGI. I like the characters and vibe but CGI is overwhelming. 

Still some time to polish them off at least, maybe it will look less rough in theater.

They did feel weak for a 2020 giant Disney affair that had a giant and impressive set to help.

20 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Still some time to polish them off at least, maybe it will look less rough in theater.

They did feel weak for a 2020 giant Disney affair that had a giant and impressive set to help.

though it isn't like shit CGI ever hurt MCU. CM was rough and Legend Rhino is, well, legendary. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine a movie targeting really young kids can get away with a bit more.

very true. Look at Dolittle. that crap had solid legs for abomination that it was. families are very forgiving and this doesn't look anywhere as bad.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Knock It Off 1

We Think the humor could be targeting kids and families but it could still be very fun and good time at the movies! Still pretty okay trailer! Still looking forward to seeing it. Here's Our Reaction and Review to the new trailer! Hope ya Guys Like it! :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

This movie looks pretty bad but also could be fun but I can't say for sure because these trailers are absolutely awful. What kind of tone were they even aiming for here? Probably the worst trailer I've seen for a Disney film in quite sometime. At this point the movie just looks like the Verbinski Pirates of the Caribbean movies with worse CGI.

It's pretty clear what tone they are going for and you figured it out yourself, Pirates of the Caribbean.

I actually think it looks kind of decent. I'm usually the "the more serious the better" kind of guy but sometimes a well made film in the vein of Pirates / Mummy / Indy can be a lot of fun as well. There are much too few movies of this kind (action adventure / globetrotting / mystery).

• Like 1

Spoiler
  • From what I recall, there were a number of sequences that could certainly push the movie to a PG-13, but they could just as easily be edited out. 
  • The best part of the movie by a wide margin is Jesse Plemons as the main villain. He chews the scenery every chance he gets and in a movie where the two main leads give fairly unenthusiastic performances, his scenes are like an oasis.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:45 PM, lorddemaxus said:

And how is that bad? PotC trilogy is one of the Top 5 trilogies that ever existed!

Problem is it will obviously be much worse than PotC and the Mummy trilogies it so desperately wants to copy. Jungles are lame, no one likes them & the Rock is a joke: never had a single good movie. Too bad for Blunt, never got her big (BIG) hit.