grim22

Jungle Cruise | July 30 2021 | Disney | Theaters and Premier Access

I was expecting 70-80% and seems like it's where it's heading, maybe more towards to 70%

I can't remember the last time a movie based on a ride got generally good reviews so that's a win. And based on the reviews, it does looks like a big crowd pleaser.

Let's hope people show up, we need some movie to do well right now.

• Like 2

Honestly I was hoping this would be a big hit. I’d love to see more blockbusters based on rides. Freaking love Pirates, I’d love to see a Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, It’s a Small World (in the vein of the LEGO Movie) etc.

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Honestly I was hoping this would be a big hit. I’d love to see more blockbusters based on rides. Freaking love Pirates, I’d love to see a Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, It’s a Small World (in the vein of the LEGO Movie) etc.

Hey where’s my Superstar Limo movie?

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

There actually is a Space Mountain movie in development that they announced last year. Turning their rides into movies is clearly going to make up the next live-action era for Disney since they're about to run out of animated classics to remake (that would actually make money) and it being too soon for live-action Princess and the Frog/Tangled/Frozen/Moana to capitalize on their full potential.

A score in the 60% area is pretty much what I expected the whole time for this tbh. Looking forward to it still either way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Good reviews but it's not gonna breakout or even do moderately well , literally most people don't even know this exist

And in the US the Covid resurgence dominating the news will not help matters.

37 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

72% with 65 reviews, 6.40 average.

Yeah seems it's going to finish around 70% at this point. Curious to see if audience reception will be stellar like Cruella.

Cruella did not have a stellar audience reception except for the Disney fanboys.

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Cruella did not have a stellar audience reception except for the Disney fanboys.

LOL

Cruella have 97% from audiences on RT, A on Cinemascore, it's the most well received Disney LA on both IMDB and Letterboxd.

And of course, 4x multiplier on box office despite being available on D+

I mean, like it or not, it's one of the most well received movies of the year and every data suggest that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And in the US the Covid resurgence dominating the news will not help matters.

Some folks’ confirmation bias will claim “oh if it was better it would’ve done better!”