grim22

Jungle Cruise | July 30 2021 | Disney | Theaters and Premier Access

I'm very conflicted on this.

I love the first two Brendan Fraser Mummy movies - so the same vibe is a plus. But it also means I can't help but think of how much I love Rachel Weisz in that and Emily Blunt falls short of that, BASED ON THE TRAILER ALONE - obviously, the final product could change my mind in that respect. Regardless, I'm excited about Blunt in this type of movie.

The Rock, though... I'm getting  sick of his shtick. I get it, he has no range, so he has to stick to his wheelhouse (HA, get it?), and rely on his charisma, but he's just so omni-present in these types of movies and roles, that it's just overkill. I'm burned out on The Rock, which I wasn't really expecting.

Still, the premise is alluring - as I said, love the Mummy, and the mythical exploration angle is appealing to me, so will definitely check this out opening weekend.