CoolioD1

Best Original Score 2011

I disagree. I thought the music fit like a glove. Powell's music did as well but Reznor's was far more effective to me. It's just a matter of opinion obviously. Though if I had my way Daft Punk would've won. bu Reznor/Ross's score is def my second fav of last year.

I thought TSN's "score" was the worst thing about it. Filmtracks gave it a scathing review, and it was a great read.

They are very hit and miss. They can nail some reviews, but fail at others.For instance, giving AWE a 1/5 when it had one of the most beautiful scores of 2007? Giving OoTP a 3 when it deserved a 1?

They are very hit and miss. They can nail some reviews, but fail at others.For instance, giving AWE a 1/5 when it had one of the most beautiful scores of 2007? Giving OoTP a 3 when it deserved a 1?

The thing I don't like about Filmtracks is that they HATE Hans Zimmer. Other than that, I generally agree with their reviews.

The thing I don't like about Filmtracks is that they HATE Hans Zimmer. Other than that, I generally agree with their reviews.

Yeah I noticed they have a huge Zimmer hate and blame him for their perception of soundtracks going downhill this past decade. Even with Sherlock Holmes, which they liked a lot, their compliments were laced with begrudging venom.After listening through War Horse on youtube, I think there's no way it can lose. It's without a doubt for me Williams' best work since 1993.

I doubt it will get nominated, but I loved the score from Thor, it felt grand and epic to me. And had a very catchy heroic tune that keeps getting stuck in my head. RotPotA is another one that I loved but will likely not get a nom. But the academy will he stupid if they don't nominate DHII, that score was sublime, affecting, epic and a grand cresendo to a series that has had some ups and downs with its scoring.

War Horse / The Artist / The Help / Hugo / TintinI'm not convinced yet about a Desplat snub. This has been a very good year for him. And they love him. My big concern is he has too many films to route for, hurting his chances. HP8, Extremely loud, Tree of life...If Hugo keeps getting praise from critics, I can see the film getting attention in many categories. They really love Williams (obviously, he's the man). They also love Thomas Newman (10 noms already, and The Help is an almost sure thing in BP). And The Artist score is unique and a key for the success of this silent film.