Neo

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage | January 20, 2017

TOMATOMETER

AUDIENCE SCORE

Saw it and enjoyed it. The one element I felt was a bit too much was the "Info Card" thing they did for the intro of each character. 

I expected the action scenes to be surreal and over the top, no issue with that. 

I like how this set things up to continue. 

Guilty pleasure film of January #2, check. Two down, one to go. 

Grade: B/B-

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Saw it and enjoyed it. The one element I felt was a bit too much was the "Info Card" thing they did for the intro of each character. 

I expected the action scenes to be surreal and over the top, no issue with that. 

I like how this set things up to continue. 

Guilty pleasure film of January #2, check. Two down, one to go. 

Grade: B/B-

I follow Vin on Instagram. He dropped a post today about how they're already looking at ideas for XXX4 and was asking his followers on Facebook to let him know who they'd like to see star in it with him. 

2 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

I follow Vin on Instagram. He dropped a post today about how they're already looking at ideas for XXX4 and was asking his followers on Facebook to let him know who they'd like to see star in it with him. 

I'd like that to be the case. I hope it's not just the typical chatter around a films release though and it doesn't happen. The way the film ends it's clearly set up for more and the possibilities are fun to think about. 

The budget being $85m is an obstacle with that $20m OW number(probably be $19ish with actuals). 

Thanks for that bit of news though, I need to go follow Vin. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I'd like that to be the case. I hope it's not just the typical chatter around a films release though and it doesn't happen. The way the film ends it's clearly set up for more and the possibilities are fun to think about. 

The budget being $85m is an obstacle with that $20m OW number(probably be $19ish with actuals). 

Thanks for that bit of news though, I need to go follow Vin. 

I'm pretty sure its chances are fully dependent on OS. I guess Vin is just bigger outside the US.

• Like 2

On 23/1/2017 at 10:48 PM, Arlborn said:

I'm pretty sure its chances are fully dependent on OS. I guess Vin is just bigger outside the US.

Indeed. It grossed 50m OS on opening weekend, which is nearly as much as it will gross during its entire DOM run. And that's without China and Korea, where it opens in a couple weeks. This will make a healthy amount money given the budget. Sequel is safe, imho. 

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

Indeed. It grossed 50m OS on opening weekend, which is nearly as much as it will gross during its entire DOM run. And that's without China and Korea, where it opens in a couple weeks. This will make a healthy amount money given the budget. Sequel is safe, imho. 

I like the possible sequel concept that they set up at the end of the film. 

I could see a XXX:4 going up as long as they tweak a few areas. I'm all for leaving out the "title card sequence" for each character. That took me out of it each time. 

Just got back from seeing this. (My friend's turn to pick and he's a big Vin fan.) I had seen the first 2, but I wasn't expecting much as the reviews weren't great and the trailers looked like nothing special. 

Well let me just confirm that this movie was completely stupid. It was also entertaining and charming as fuck! And charming is not a word that I usually would use to describe some dumb action movie, but wow, it totally fits here. The movie was just plain fun. An action comedy. They knew what type of movie they had when they were making it. If you're not going to have some genius-level Oscar contender, might as well make it fun, and they did.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Did anyone ever expect this film to outgross the first XXX, WW-wise before it's release? Which it actually did.

There were some people that underestimated it's WW-appeal, don't you think?

Getting superstars from every corner of the globe will help with that.

• Like 2