Neo

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage | January 20, 2017

On 1/16/2017 at 3:23 AM, jb007 said:

Watched it last Friday. The action set pieces are good but the action itself is ok owing to the shakey camera. Not as good as the first one, but still entertaining. Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa could have been used more.

Spoiler

Do Cage and Xiang eventually become allies because it's revealed someone else is the real villain or is Cage going undercover with the group like the first film?

23 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Both are true. The first more so than the other. So yes to the first one.

I guess I should have clarified it as 

Spoiler

Cage being sent undercover into the villain group like the first film.

Also, 

Spoiler

Since Xiang is not the ultimate antagonist, I could easily guess who it really is, right (i.e. the government agent that isn't SLJ)?

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

I guess I should have clarified it as 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, 

Reveal hidden contents

No

Yes

What a monumental piece of filmmaking this is.

DJ Caruso proves once again he is at the forefront of blockbuster & studio filmmaking.

The movie oozes class & intelligence.

It s so slick & well put together.

Action set pieces are so complex and spectacular, this movie will become the future template to imitate in future blockbusters, that s how avant-garde it is.

Vin Diesel is giving his all in this, part Jackie Chang-Part Tom Cruise, you are afraid for him in the stunts he managed to pull off, very dangerous and over the top stuff but Vin takes all the risks for his fans.

As for the story, the movie is a clever take on how GAFAs are taking over the world and how we should rebel against such ultra-liberal companies that don't care for the people they supposedly serve  but for themselves only, and how our goverments are partners in crime with them.

The diverse cast was excellent & charismatic, especially the lovely ladies.

Brian Tyler s score was epic.

So,yeah, don't miss this movie at the theaters, you would regret it.

This is the movie the world needs right now because it sends a great message : friendship is better than greed.

2017 starts with a giant BANG !

WOAH !

:o:excited::what::bravo:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

FULL EXTENDED REVIEW: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//xxx...er-cage-review

One of the best things about the first xXx is Xander Cage himself. Xander Cage is back as he talks trash as much he kicks ass. If you saw the 2002 film, you already know that Cage is the smartest guy in the room who can solve situations faster than Scooby-Doo and makes anyone he talks to (if not a hot girl) feel like shit about themselves, so it’s entertaining to see him do what he does best. All the film’s genuine humor comes from Cage. He can make Yo Mama jokes after he slept with her. That's the type of guy Cage is. You can tell Diesel himself is having fun as Cage once again due to the glowing charisma and charm he bleeds in this character. As much as you ask why did this character need to come back to the big screen, you immediately see the answer is simply Diesel charming the pants off his audience. Granted he could have done it with another Riddick film but whatever we got Xander Cage.

We are living in the age where we get more than four superhero movies a year. We got Disney’s Marvel and Warner Bros.’ DC highlighting their films every year. Now to enter their competition we got Paramount’s xXx. I’ll be damned that this isn’t labeled as a superhero movie because xXx: The Return of Xander Cage combines the formula of both Marvel and DC into its hyperactive action. This movie has the plotting of a Marvel movie while ripping off elements from every recent DC film. This is nothing more than a comic book movie that retreads the same material of the first xXx and applies it to this sequel which is slightly inspired if not incredibly stupid. If Captain America: The Winter Soldier had a baby with Suicide Squad and fed it nothing but Mountain Dew, it would be this movie. It's as if D.J Caruso was turned down by Warner Bros. to make Suicide Squad so he decided to make his own version but with xXx.

From the very beginning, one of the most notable films this rips off is Suicide Squad. Yep Suicide Squad. Because Suicide Squad was popular enough for the teen demographic, it decides to steal the majority of its elements even down to pretentiously trying to sell its own soundtrack by playing a song in every three scenes. One of the most notable devices this takes from Suicide Squad is the intro title cards. Although this utilizes them better by having the cards show up sporadically throughout the film other than showing up in one shot, but then it starts getting to a Yoga Hosers level of annoying where it shows up for every single character including the ones who are there for one scene and never seen again. It even rips off a moment from Man of Steel. Remember in Man of Steel when Zod did his worldwide televised message threatening the destruction of earth? Well the same thing happens here. But since you already know the antagonist is only human and doesn’t have any Kryptonian technology, IT MAKES NO GODDAMN SENSE!

Another thing the film asks you to believe is Xander Cage picking up every chick he meets. I know spies have to get the girl and have obligatory relations all for the sake of the film’s genre, but I’m not going to suspend my disbelief of Xander Cage receiving an orgy because he’s Xander Cage. The film plays him off as a legend bigger than James Bond where girls just throw themselves at him and for some reason, I found it uncomfortable. Nowadays, we see Bond pick up girls who are close to his age (like in Spectre he briefly hooked up with Monica Bellucci), and yet we see Xander Cage get with girls significantly younger than him numerous of times. By the time he makes out with the last girl the script tells him to make out with, you’re either going to go “my man,” or be like me and go “bullshit.”

Despite it benefitting from brief “turn your brain off” entertainment from several well choreographed action sequences and Diesel’s charismatic performance, xXx: The Return of Xander Cage is nothing but an unnecessary action sequel that retreads every element from generic blockbusters we see today.

2/5 | 44%

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

What a monumental piece of filmmaking this is.

DJ Caruso proves once again he is at the forefront of blockbuster & studio filmmaking.

The movie oozes class & intelligence.

It s so slick & well put together.

Action set pieces are so complex and spectacular, this movie will become the future template to imitate in future blockbusters, that s how avant-garde it is.

Vin Diesel is giving his all in this, part Jackie Chang-Part Tom Cruise, you are afraid for him in the stunts he managed to pull off, very dangerous and over the top stuff but Vin takes all the risks for his fans.

As for the story, the movie is a clever take on how GAFAs are taking over the world and how we should rebel against such ultra-liberal companies that don't care for the people they supposedly serve  but for themselves only, and how our goverments are partners in crime with them.

The diverse cast was excellent & charismatic, especially the lovely ladies.

Brian Tyler s score was epic.

So,yeah, don't miss this movie at the theaters, you would regret it.

This is the movie the world needs right now because it sends a great message : friendship is better than greed.

2017 starts with a giant BANG !

WOAH !

:o:excited::what::bravo:

Image result for vin diesel

• Like 1

Sounds like we have an early Oscar contender!

Sarcasm aside I'll be there tonight. I think the first movie is easily one of the best action blockbusters of all time. Diesel in his prime, an absolutely fantastic soundtrack, great action and stunts, it was the perfect Bond movie when they weren't making great Bond movies. Too bad the sequel was such a giant piece of shit. I hope this is at least fun. That's all I ask.

• Like 1