Blankments

Split | January 20, 2017 | James McAvoy | Directed by M. Night Shyamalan and Produced by Jason Blum

20 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

SO what RT score should be expect from another Shamalan movie?

More than The Visit, that had a 64% if I'm not wrong.

But I don't hope anything more than 80%. Shyamalan has always his amount of haters. Even The Sixth Sense had only a 85%, compared to how great the movie actually is. 

What about box office numbers?

I guess Split has a similar budget to The Visit, like a bit more only because of McAvoy?

Let's even say $15M. 

I see Split grossing more than The Visit, having also McAvoy and probably very good reviews, and a good film behind from Shyamalan. Something like $80M domestic? 

Edited by IndyRex
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IndyRex said:

Looks like the composer of the score is NOT James Newton Howard, but John Kusiak.

Strange, but I guess it's probably due to Howard being very busy with Fantastic Beasts. 

Newton Howard didn't do The Visit either. I'm guessing that Shyamalan or Blumhouse can't afford him anymore, because the films are very low-budget.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wrath said:

I think Im the only person who wanted a sequel to Signs.

I LOVED signs.  That movie is a masterpiece.  Water?  Plot hole?  FUCK YOU.

Signs is perfect.  It is a great film.  It is MNS best film.  I love that movie.

That being said...I did not, and do not need a sequel.  It is a great film that does what it needs to, and does it great, and nothing more is needed.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, LateReg said:

I know there's a few big time publications already saying this is good, but isn't it possible we get Blair Witched again by these early reviews?

I don't think so. Blair Witch had an unappealing marketing campaign, and was an unwanted reboot(so-called real sequel).  Split should appeal to audiences. This could potentially be James Mcavoy's creepiest performance yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kowhite said:

I LOVED signs.  That movie is a masterpiece.  Water?  Plot hole?  FUCK YOU.

Signs is perfect.  It is a great film.  It is MNS best film.  I love that movie.

That being said...I did not, and do not need a sequel.  It is a great film that does what it needs to, and does it great, and nothing more is needed.

I get that. I just *really* wanted to know what was so special about the kid that decades of the lives of virtually everyone around him were, unbeknownst to them, dedicated to ensuring his survival of those final 10 minutes.

9 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

I don't think so. Blair Witch had an unappealing marketing campaign, and was an unwanted reboot(so-called real sequel).  Split should appeal to audiences. This could potentially be James Mcavoy's creepiest performance yet.

I just meant gets rave reviews from the first people to see it and then turns out to get mixed to poor reviews from everybody else.

23 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

His best movie is Unbreakable.

68% on RT...What a joke!

I'd still have to go with the traditional for his best movie and I think Signs is his second best, but Unbreakable is close. The Village comes right after. I actually like Lady in the Water too. The others? Ehh, I haven't even watched After Earth yet lol

I'm glad Split seems to be having a good reception so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I'd still have to go with the traditional for his best movie and I think Signs is his second best, but Unbreakable is close. The Village comes right after. I actually like Lady in the Water too. The others? Ehh, I haven't even watched After Earth yet lol

I'm glad Split seems to be having a good reception so far.

Watch The Visit if you haven't.  It's quality.

• Like 2