MrFanaticGuy34

Fanatic's Top 20 Animated Disney Classics

Beauty and the Beast (1991)

Disneys-Beauty-and-the-Be-008.jpg

Here is the Disney film that everyone remembers and loves, "Beauty and the Beast". What can i say about this classic gem? It's really amazingly animated and it has "Alan Menken" written all over it. It's also the first ever animated film to be nominated for "Best Picture". How they did it....i dunno. Still, it's one of those perfect Disney animated films you could watch over and over.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)

Box Office: $100M DOM & $325M WW

hunchback.jpg

This is a Disney film, that is one of the most interesting of the bunch. It's a more darker story than what Disney has gone with before. And it definately did not disappoint. The songs are very strong & chilling...especially "Hellfire"...sung by one of Disney's greatest baddies, Frollo. The animation is still one of Disney's best and the characters, (even the gargoyles) are very memorable.

• Like 1

.....OK..third time i'm doing another "2 movies in the same rank". But that's how i am..... :sweat:

Hercules (1997) & The Emperors New Groove (2000)

(Hercules) Box Office: $99M DOM & $252M WW

(The Emperor's New Groove) Box Office: $89M DOM & $169M WW

Hercules-2.jpg the-emperors-new-groove-46627-16x9-large

I'll start with Hercules. This is one of the more funnier & action-packed Disney films i've seen, along with Aladdin. Heck, both Hercules & Aladdin are directed by the same pair of guys, Ron Clements & John Musker. And the songs....well, it's no surprise that Alan Menken has still done a great job giving variety of songs in this film. And also...there's one character that steal the show the most, when he's on screen....the villain, Hades (voiced by James Woods). Hades is a more interesting villain, since James Woods has given his character more of a personality & charm...which makes him more different than some other Disney villains.

And then there's The Emperor's New Groove. This is without a doubt, the most comedic Disney film, they have done. The characters, like Kuzco (voiced by David Spade), Yzma (voiced by the late Eartha Kitt) & Kronk (voiced by Patrick Warbuton) make this movie work and work great to it's advantage. Sadly...this is another film that is overlooked by many people....but it still has it's fans. :lol: 

• Like 1

Tarzan (1999)

Box Office: $171M DOM & $448M WW

tarzan_screen2.jpg

Tarzan....Just Tarzan. What i can say about this film, is very thankful to me. This is the last Disney film from the Disney Renaissance....and i can see why. The animation here is a really great step up from some of the others, since this one has something called "Deep Canvas"...a process where they blend both CGI & hand-drawn animated on different enviroments in the jungle. The songs by Phil Collins, are really catchy to listen to...(he also did some of the songs in Brother Bear, 4 years later).

Before i get to my #1 favorite Disney film...here are the runner-ups, which i also really liked.

The Princess and the Frog (2009)

Oliver & Company (1988)

Dumbo (1941)

Home on the Range (2004)

Bolt (2008)

Tangled (2010)

Frozen (2013)

And now.....my number 1 favorite Disney animated film is........................

circle-of-life-o.gif

The Lion King!

The Lion King (1994)

Box Office: $422M DOM & $987M WW

circle-of-life.jpg

Wow...there has never been a Disney animated film more 100% perfect and would blow me away....like "The Lion King". This is a masterpiece of Disney animated films! Where do i begin? The Story, the songs, the animation & the characters.....they really put very huge effort on this. This is Disney animated films at it's peak..nothing else can top this and bring so much impact like this one did for me. For me...this is the king of Disney animated films...it's just that amazing & awesome.

So that was my list of my top 20 favorite Disney animated films. :D

(Even though, not many is commenting here, oddly.)  :mellow:  :huh: 

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34