Blankments

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME | Out Now (in Limited Release) | Richard Linklater baseball flick

I almost took for granted that, no matter what, Linklater would follow up the double whammy of Before Midnight and Boyhood with a "minor" movie, because what would be the odds of him being so consistent? And now all the reviews are like, oh yeah, he just went and completely delivered again. The man is on fire. 

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Well, Dianna Agron's agent put up an admirable fight.

I know Lea Michele was just on Scream Queens and Darren Criss has been doing Broadway, but where the hell is everybody else? Naya Rivera? Chris Colfer? Heather Morris? I'd add Mark Salling but I'm aware he recently got in trouble for really bizarre reasons.

On March 25, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Harpospoke said:

Wow...positive buzz for this one.

You're surprised?  It's Linklater, Id be more shocked if it were getting negative buzz.

Excited to see this, I love all of Linklater's work.

• Like 2

I really dont get why they didn't go wide from the start with this movie. It looks much more mainstream friendly than Boyhood or Before Midnight who also opened in 5 theatres. I hope it has a decent expansion because otherwise it's never gonna screen in my country.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Joel M said:

I really dont get why they didn't go wide from the start with this movie. It looks much more mainstream friendly than Boyhood or Before Midnight who also opened in 5 theatres. I hope it has a decent expansion because otherwise it's never gonna screen in my country.

It was supposed to go wide originally but they changed it to a limited release first to see if they can build word-of-mouth. After all, 80s college comedy has inherently niche appeal and the cast is made up completely of unknowns (Blake Jenner, Zoey Deutch, Tyler Hoechlin, and Ryan Guzman are all familiar faces but none of them are within orbit of being box office draws).

• Like 2

On 25/03/2016 at 0:57 AM, Jake Gittes said:

I almost took for granted that, no matter what, Linklater would follow up the double whammy of Before Midnight and Boyhood with a "minor" movie, because what would be the odds of him being so consistent? 

How's SubUrbia?

this was pretty great, it kind of lost its way with the soppy romantic subplot but fortunately 90% of the movie was just with the douchebag jock guys and that stuff was aalllllll gooood.