WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: War Room 9.35 | SOC 8.8 | Walk 8.25 | MI 7.15 | Transporter 7.13 | Escape 5.4 | Gallo 3.4

Paramount is super dumb if they don't move TMNT2 to August. I guess Pete's Dragon will do solid business and will have long legs into September.

I don't know, June is extremely barren except Dory and ID4, which is more July. Conjuring 2 and Now You See Me 2 are far from sure things. Both were the type of movies that felt like they were meant to be stand alone WOM hits. Don't know if anyone was asking for the sequel to either. Warcraft will be disastrous I'm sure and Central Intelligence is a who knows right now. June might really need TMNT2. If anything, something in July needs to move to August. Tarzan and/or King Arthur would be good choices.

Edited by MovieMan89

Monday figures: WR is way underestimated, it stayed flat on Monday(!!!), SOC is way overestimated, heavy drop, MI5 caught up on it, expect it to take third place on Tuesday. Walk is clear second, solid hold.

How much of a drop for SOC? A few thousand? I hope it can past $150mil after labor weekend.

August was the biggest month ever for the leading theater chain in my country. Holy crap. 1.9 million people went to the movies and that makes a total of 10M€ in one month. Last year's August total was "only" 7M€. 

Theaters chains and distributors should really use this year as a case of study. By early November the number of tickets sold in 2014 will be passed with Spectre, The Good Dinosaur, The final Hunger Games and Star Wars all still to come lmao. 

Edited by CJohn