CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

Just now, marveldcfox said:

And that's supposed to be a good thing? WTF...this is getting worse. A prequel featuring baby face tom...who the fuck greenlit this shit? Let me guess....rothman...creatively bankrupt person.

No one wants to see a prequel...it's like making a whole movie of Caps life before the serum. Utterly boring.

This could have been the new indiana jones type franchise with a lead actor who has charisma and manly looks. But nah..trying to appeal to spiderman fans and tweens. 

So I assume you're fine with the same old boring retread that's the exact same story as the games?  A prequel is a fine idea and gives fans something new to enjoy that's not the same old shit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Huh, I could dig that. Plus I like Tom Holland so I guess I'm looking forward to this one.

The reason people are saying this could easily work is because the games are very cinematic. They're very story heavy and have like 2 hours of cutscenes. But if Sony does what every studio does and tries to directly adapt it, then this will fail. They need to give the feel of the games, but make it movie friendly.

• Like 2

Are you kidding me?! I like Tom Holland, but he is the polar opposite of what Nathan Drake should be, he is supposed to be like super masculine, and rough, but charming as hell, Tom Holland is way to young for Nathan, they needed someone in their 30s for Nathan.  Not to mention Nathan is supposed to be one of the sexiest men ever and well no offense Tom Holland kind of resembles a 12 old boy. my interest in this film has just plummeted to next to nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Ugh, did anyone really want a young Nathan Drake adaptation?

As far as I know, no fan of the videogame wants to see nathan's teen years.

Joe Carnahan should distance himself from this project. He seemed really excited for this, but it's going through a major overhaul in terms of character dynamics etc. An R rated x-force movie written and directed by Joe Carnahan should be happen ASAP. Stop with Bad boy 3 bullshit and this uncharted in name only nonsense. 

Edited by marveldcfox

2 hours ago, That One Valerian said:

So I assume you're fine with the same old boring retread that's the exact same story as the games?  A prequel is a fine idea and gives fans something new to enjoy that's not the same old shit.

I couldn't disagree more. The "same old boring retread" is ten times more exciting than this particular premise, imho. It's not like we've seen how an Uncharted movie plays out yet that witnessing its original concept is already dull.

Dull is THIS idea that they have. Sounds like Assassin's Creed fever all over again, grabbing the boring parts of the game over the more exciting ones.

And, while I like Tom Holland, I don't think he fits all that well as Nathan Drake, he just seems too boyish for the role. Although, I will say say he's certainly more than charismatic enough to pull it off (and I get his casting within the prequel idea), so... we shall see, I guess.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 hours ago, That One Valerian said:

Next time, might want to read the full article and realize it's a prequel, so it makes sense to cast a younger actor.

I read the article and I still think it's a stupid idea. Why not just make a movie directly based on one of the games? Hollywood makes video game adaptations more difficult to work with than they have to be.

Not to mention, Tom Holland is no Nathan Drake.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoobSaibot said:

I read the article and I still think it's a stupid idea. Why not just make a movie directly based on one of the games? Hollywood makes video game adaptations more difficult to work with than they have to be.

Not to mention, Tom Holland is no Nathan Drake.

why? The games already feel like movies. Would you just film the cutscenes? Whether it is a young or old Drake, and original story is the way to go

This is actually an INCREDIBLY genius move. People are focusing on super masculinity and an older Nathan Drake, but forgotting three things: one, this kid can act and I bet he'll act the hell out of this. Two, he won't be young forever, he could easily manage double duty in two big franchises, like Chris Pratt does with Guardians and Jurassic films. Three, Nathan Drake is basically an updated version of Indiana Jones that is capable of doing parkour in the jungle. Holland is becoming a popular young star, he is talented and I can honestly see him growing up into the role of both Peter Parker and Nathan Drake. That's an out of left field casting that now that I think of, it's way more inspired than going with Pratt, Cooper or anyone of the old actors. 

A prequel to Uncharted huh? Well, at least the games already established that as a stupid kid he'd already started hanging out with scumbags and stealing treasures from third world museums. Could be a worse idea, could just try to adapt one of the games and get a horridly chopped up mess of a movie that makes no one happy.

• Like 1