CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

How does Fleischer keep getting these gigs? He's not that great. At all. 

He might be the guy they call when they don't have anyone else to call. He's previously helmed a Sony film that grossed $200M+ DOM, which might be clouding their judgement.

56 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

He might be the guy they call when they don't have anyone else to call. He's previously helmed a Sony film that grossed $200M+ DOM, which might be clouding their judgement.

It's not like anything he did before Venom was a big success.

Yeah, I think that given the character's popularity you could have hired just about any halfway competent director and had the same gross.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

How does Fleischer keep getting these gigs? He's not that great. At all. 

He did a film that did 200 Million domestic. Granted, any director who was not a Ed Wood level incompetent could have made a successful movie given the popularity of Venom,but I guess Sony has the confidence he can deliver again.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's not like anything he did before Venom was a big success.

Yeah, I think that given the character's popularity you could have hired just about any halfway competent director and had the same gross.

That's what I'm talking about. I like the Zombieland movies, but the guy doesn't deserve all these opportunities. He didn't deserve Venom coming off a long hiatus and the massive failure that was Gangster Squad. 

Just now, tonytr87 said:

That's what I'm talking about. I like the Zombieland movies, but the guy doesn't deserve all these opportunities. He didn't deserve Venom coming off a long hiatus and the massive failure that was Gangster Squad. 

I have long been annoyed by the way directors are proclaimed as "Visionary Geniuses" after just one or two films. Even if the film is excellent, let's see if has more then one really good film in him before proclaiming him the next coming of Orson Welles making Citizen Kane.

I also think a lot of promising directors might have been hurt by giving them big budget projects before they were really ready for them.

18 hours ago, murphydog said:

That scene is exactly the same from the opening of the third Uncharted video game.  Thus, is there any chance this is simply a fan made hoax, or are they planning on heavily adapting Uncharted 3's plot?

If it's real I assume the'll shoot the first 2 chapters of the game exactly the same and then they 'll stay in the past for a new adventure ending with Sully and Nathan becoming partners. 

In any case I think it won't come close to the Tomb Raider movie despite the games being more succesful than TR in the current era.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 5:10 PM, CJohn said:

Ruben Fleischer? Lmaooo. Poor fella gonna direct 2 or 3 more flops before coming back to Zombieland 3.

He did have a big hit in Venom. Whether or not that was a flash in the pan remains to be seen. 

And I did not really care for Venom as a film.