CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

Release Date: June 10, 2016
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Seth Gordon
Screenwriter: 
Starring: Not Available
Genre: Action, Adventure

The story follows a descendant of explorer Sir Francis Drake, a treasure hunter named Nate Drake who believes he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue. The search becomes competitive when a rival hunter joins the fray, then is ratcheted up several notches when creatures -- actually mutated descendants of Spaniards and Nazis -- begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets.

The game, from Sony Computer Entertainment, sold 1 million copies in the first 10 weeks of its release at the end of 2007.

http://www.comingsoo...4#ixzz1jNEEuHKe

Interview with Neil Burger

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=80190

Will they release it in 2013? July 26th sounds good to me.

Haven't heard much in awhile, but you know Hollywood from 0-60 in 2 sec. It has a director a script (pretty sure), a studio, all it needs is a cast. That would be 3 main roles, I am thinking Nathan's role has been looked at many times by Burger/Sony. I could see a late Summer/early Fall start.

I think these games are redundant for a cinematic conversion. They play out like a big blockbuster already, and the third is already in 3D.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I was interested in this when David O Russell was attached, making a movie which sounded nothing like the video game.Cause well, a David O Russell action adventure movie in this vein intrigued me. That he was completely crapping all over the game was of little import to me since well, the games do a pretty good job of well, covering that. At least then it was interesting...we'll see what happens. I mean, if it's good, I'll be interested.

the david o`russell film would have been balls,he was c****** all over the game with his version changing the whole nature of the project ...im not surprised at all he was asked/forced to leave.. though i do question why the heck he was given the job in the first place

Honestly, I would rather they create a new plotline exclusively for film than play off the already cinematic games.However, seeing Helen Mirren as Katherine Marlowe... :popcorn:

That would require the first 2 games to be turned into movies and have success :lol: