CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

2 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

this will need a cracking trailer to succeed because i have not encountered a single person on the internet or in real life who wants this movie to exist

tom holland needs to be more careful what he spends his spiderman capital on. he is very beloved by moviegoers now but who knows how long that'll last if/when spidey is booted from the mcu and he wastes time doing doomed projects like this

Why would Tom Holland / Spiderman be removed from the MCU?

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

Are you suggesting that he will play spiderman all is life every 2-3 year's until retirement and that Sony-Marvel will never get into a fight for 50 year's ? (that do sound less and less crazy, but still quite something to predict)

Edited by Barnack

13 hours ago, Avatree said:

do you not remember the big fight sony and disney had over spiderman rights last year? he's only contracted for one more spiderman movie and one more avengers movie in the mcu. who knows what will happen after that

(i will say disney really can't afford to lose tom anymore after the losing rdj, chris evans and now, chadwick. captain marvel made a lot of money, but i don't see the enthusiasm for brie's carol in the fanbase like i see for tom's spidey. mcu needs their new figurehead, and with chadwick's passing, it has to be tom now. their other characters - dr strange, ant-man, guardians - aren't popular enough. knowing this, i assume disney will play ball)

Edited by snarkmachine

On 9/16/2020 at 12:25 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Couldn't have at least tried to make Wahlberg look a bit like Sully?

They don't care, those pics speak volumes, just like everything else about this movie. This project has been in development hell for so long it ended up with the worst possible take, creative team and cast.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 8:36 AM, Avatree said:

Cause SONY and Disney have a spat?

It was serious possibility this time last year until Dinsey and SONY reached an agreement. No guarantee next time the divorce will not become peremanent.

I have to echo, you have already forgotten about the spat Disney and SONY had over Spidey last summer?

Edited by dudalb

23 hours ago, Firepower said:

They don't care, those pics speak volumes, just like everything else about this movie. This project has been in development hell for so long it ended up with the worst possible take, creative team and cast.

To a lot of older people, "Uncharted" will look like a "Tomb Raider" wannabe.

Honestly as a huge fan of the series, he doesn't look that bad for a young Drake. It might just be that he's clenching his jaw but it's certainly the oldest Tom Holland has looked. 

As weird as the casting is all round what gives me no excitement for this is finally having watched Venom a month ago. It's such an exceedingly below-average uninspired, completely bland action movie that feels like it was directed by a committee. Ruben Fleischer just seems like he has nothing in him but I hope he proves me wrong. 

• Like 2

I just recently played the games a few months ago and fell in love with them. They should be completely fun, escapist movies. What a shame with the lead casting and the director - with a talented director this could really be huge. Especially since escapist movies will likely become very appealing to audiences.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2020 at 5:40 AM, snarkmachine said:

do you not remember the big fight sony and disney had over spiderman rights last year? he's only contracted for one more spiderman movie and one more avengers movie in the mcu. who knows what will happen after that

(i will say disney really can't afford to lose tom anymore after the losing rdj, chris evans and now, chadwick. captain marvel made a lot of money, but i don't see the enthusiasm for brie's carol in the fanbase like i see for tom's spidey. mcu needs their new figurehead, and with chadwick's passing, it has to be tom now. their other characters - dr strange, ant-man, guardians - aren't popular enough. knowing this, i assume disney will play ball)

Yeah it seems the glory days of Marvel won't reach the insane hype it's used to. I dont think Captain Marvel will lead the next batch of heroes as she's just not made much of an impression.

Edited by Chicago

Moves back one week for some reason  

I'm guessing some big movie is moving to Valentine's Day weekend? Because otherwise this makes little sense, open on the extended Valentines Day weekend and get a good drop over extended Presidents Day.