CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

I’ll say what I said when the Resi trailer came out. This looks exactly like the game but those games are paper thin when it came to anything outside of set pieces.

I was super surprised there’s villains in all 4 games when I went to replay them last year. I didn’t remember a thing about them. That’s how forgettable most of this franchise is.

Also the final setpiece in the trailer is straight out of one of the games. The game just looks better. The quality is more consistent. There’s no switching from CG to live action, it just stays the same.

*sigh* It could have been a solid Indiana Jones / National Treasure style adventure but of course they had to screw it up by miscasting. This looks like a school trip gone wrong. Sometimes i wonder how some of the folks working in Hollywood keep their jobs when they so clearly don't know what they are doing...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The trailer is okay, definitely not as bad as I expected. There’s some wonky CGI at the end with the plane sequence. Ironically, Tom Holland as a young Nathan Drake feels more than a miscast than Marky Mark as Sully, lol. Tom doesn’t have the charismatic rogue confidence that Drake has as it feels like watching him as Spider-Man. 

But hey, the sooner Hollywood learns that Holland isn’t viable box office wise outside of Spider-Man and stops casting in almost every blockbuster, the better.