kayumanggi

THE SNOWMAN | 10.20.17 | Universal | Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson

Michael Fassbender set to star in Jo Nesbø's The Snowman

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/09/michael-fassbender-jo-nesbo-the-snowman

Michael Fassbender is in talks to star as the hardboiled Oslo detective Harry Hole in Hollywood’s long-gestating adaptation of the Jo Nesbø crime novel The Snowman, reports Variety.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’s Tomas Alfredson was announced as the director of the film, based on the seventh of Nesbø’s bestselling books, in April last year. Martin Scorsese, who was expected to take charge of the cameras when the project was first announced four years ago, will now take an executive producer’s role.

The Snowman sees Nesbø’s maverick cop investigating what appears to be Norway’s first serial killer, a murderer who always leaves a snowman near the scene of his crime. The author came to prominence in Britain with the publication in 2006 of his Harry Hole novel The Redbreast. The Snowman joins a further nine books about the maverick cop that have cemented Nesbø’s reputation as one of the more prominent of the current wave of Scandinavian writers.

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Most accurate description of the icy Fassbender ever. Bomb. 

He's kind of a cold actor, not very charismatic. Maybe it will work for this character.  

I trust the director to make a good movie. Let the right one in was great

The only thing I can say about Norwegian Cinema is that I've seen some very good Norwegian horror movies. Crime thrillers are always very interesting to me so this sounds like something I will be very interested in.

• Like 2