kayumanggi

THE SNOWMAN | 10.20.17 | Universal | Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson

Fassbender is just on auto pilot mode nowadays. In every movie his acting is beginning to look like a combo of Magneto+Android character from Prometheus. Visually speaking, this looks really great. The trailer for the most part was very effective. Has potential, but Fassbender has ZERO draw. The MI girl will save it....oh wait...she was also in LIFE.

Edited by marveldcfox

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Fassbender is just on auto pilot mode nowadays. In every movie his acting is beginning to look like a combo of Magneto+Android character from Prometheus. Visually speaking, this looks really great. The trailer for the most part was very effective. Has potential, but Fassbender has ZERO draw. The MI girl will save it....oh wait...she was also in LIFE.

I have not seen a lot of is recent output (Macbeth, Assasin creed, Slow west, light between oceans, trepass against us and just the beginning of song to song)

But Frank, Steve Jobs and magneto were quite different character and far from auto pilot (particularly Jobs).

• Like 2

This looks like a decent thriller but studios have idiotically dated 5 other releases on this weekend. (Geostorm, Granite Mountain Hotshots, Madea Halloween 2, Same Kind of Different As Me, War With Grandpa) So they'll all cancel each  other out except probably Madea which has a built in audience.

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, babz06 said:

This looks like a decent thriller but studios have idiotically dated 5 other releases on this weekend. (Geostorm, Granite Mountain Hotshots, Madea Halloween 2, Same Kind of Different As Me, War With Grandpa) So they'll all cancel each  other out except probably Madea which has a built in audience.

Like I said in the Granite Mountain Only the Brave thread, I think one of those will be in about 1k theaters and the other will get Weinstein'd.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

On 02/02/2017 at 0:00 AM, filmlover said:

It's kinda interesting how nobody really knew who Rebecca Ferguson was this time two years ago and now it feels like she's showing up in a movie every month.

I had to look her up because the well known Rebecca Ferguson here was an X factor winner.

http://www.rebeccaofficial.com/

This is my wifes kind of thing, so I am probably going to see it whether I want to or not.

Edited by AndyK

I'm sold too. It's an exquisitely shot trailer. 

9 hours ago, Barnack said:

I have not seen a lot of is recent output (Macbeth, Assasin creed, Slow west, light between oceans, trepass against us and just the beginning of song to song)

But Frank, Steve Jobs and magneto were quite different character and far from auto pilot (particularly Jobs).

Trespass against us,Slow West,Steve Jobs,Macbeth,Song to Song,TLBO.. these are all completely different -and very good- performances. Even in Alien Covenant he plays two androids and his work is not like his work in Prometheus. David has different traits and Walter is not comparable to David in Prometheus. He did a great job. 

• Like 1

Did they just give away the full movie with this trailer?

I'm pretty sure that

Spoiler

Fassbender 

is the killer. I haven't read the book, so I don't know if this movie will be following it.

Could be one of this movies where the character has a split personality or something like that. Seems too generic and laughable. 

24 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Did they just give away the full movie with this trailer?

I'm pretty sure that

Reveal hidden contents

is the killer. I haven't read the book, so I don't know if this movie will be following it.

Could be one of this movies where the character has a split personality or something like that. Seems too generic and laughable. 

The book is one of a series of books centered around Fassbender's character. 

So no.

• Like 2