kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Why aren’t they advertising the trailers as “from the writer of A Cure for Wellness?”

:thinking:

A Cure for Wellness TOMATOMETER

A Cure for Wellness: Box Office

Domestic Total Gross: $8,106,986
Distributor: Fox Release Date: February 17, 2017
Genre: Horror Runtime: 2 hrs. 26 min.
MPAA Rating: R Production Budget: $40 million

:bagoverhead:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:thinking:

A Cure for Wellness TOMATOMETER

A Cure for Wellness: Box Office

Domestic Total Gross: $8,106,986
Distributor: Fox Release Date: February 17, 2017
Genre: Horror Runtime: 2 hrs. 26 min.
MPAA Rating: R Production Budget: $40 million

:bagoverhead:

None of that matters when it gets the That One Guy 10/10

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A Cure for Hairline

This feels like a desperate deflection to run away from the facts.

I'm not gonna stay young forever, I know my hair will turn white, I'll get old, etc. I can't change that.

And you can't change that A Cure for Wellness bombed

Edited by MrPink

If I am fortunate enough to be able to make films, I would want to go for the actors or actresses that are right for the role, regardless of who they are in real life. If Jennifer Lawrence is great for a role, then I'd make an effort to hire her. But if it should go to someone else, then it should go to someone else. And I don't like the idea of building characters around actors- I would rather cast actors based on the characters. This is basic common sense, yes, but it's a sense that is easy to lose in a field with high demands.

• Like 1

Totally lost the thread of 4 out of 5 of the last comments.  Did something happen that I missed?

On second thought, never mind.

The official movie twitter finally tweeted something but it isn't really new:

Maybe they're just warming up. Hopefully for something more extensive.

15 hours ago, pretty reckless said:

she's an awful person so I'm glad she keeps flopping and flopping. This movie will also gross less than Blake's The rhytm section

Stop embarrassing Blake fans.

Even IF it underperform in America, it will still do solid/great business OS, JLaw already proved with Passengers and, especially with Mother, that she definitely has appeal among OS audiences, JFYI: Mother! Is going to finish with at least $35M OS, which put it above every Art House comp released in the last few years, despite not having the same acclamation of most of these movies. 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Stop embarrassing Blake fans.

Even IF it underperform in America, it will still do solid/great business OS, JLaw already proved with Passengers and, especially with Mother, that she definitely has appeal among OS audiences, JFYI: Mother! Is going to finish with at least $35M OS, which put it above every Art House comp released in the last few years, despite not having the same acclamation of most of these movies. 

You're so bad at trolling. Mother! making 35m (which is at 22m right now and out everywhere so i dont know where u get 35m from) OS is not even good considering its had SO MUCH hype and its an aronofsky movie. I mean Black swan did 222m overseas on a small budget. Passengers had pratt who's a bigger bo draw than her and it did 200m OS which is TERRIBLE for a blockbuster, i mean even The mummy made 328m overseas

Edited by pretty reckless
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, pretty reckless said:

You're so bad at trolling. Mother! making 35m (which is at 22m right now and out everywhere so i dont know where u get 35m from) OS is not even good considering its had SO MUCH hype and its an aronofsky movie. I mean Black swan did 222m overseas on a small budget. Passengers had pratt who's a bigger bo draw than her and it did 200m OS which is TERRIBLE for a blockbuster, i mean even The mummy made 328m overseas

Are you fucking stupid? Those comparisons makes NO SENSE.

Aronofsky may be popular in internet, but the GP has no idea who the hell he is, plus, his only hit was Black Swan (Noah was a hit because of the brand behind it, not because of him), why the hell are you even comparing an universally acclaimed movie like Black Swan, released in the heart of the Awards season (where it scored several nominations) with a polarizing movie like MOTHER! released in the shadow of a HUGE hit like IT, and without the same support from critics? 

You have no idea how OS markets works, MOTHER! grossed $5m there in the past week, these markets will (at worst) bring another $5m, plus, it still has SK & several small markets to open.

Pratt is a bigger draw than her? That’s probably the reason why M7 did a massive $66m OS, right? For god’s sake, even JOY almost surpassed that number, despite being a lot more tough to sell than a West Action.

Why the hell are you comparing a original SCI-FI movie with a popular brand like THE MUMY?! Look at the numbers of the previous movies, these movies clearly had a BIG audience before the release of the new movie, can’t say the same about Passengers.

Passengers outgrossed several original SCI-FI movies OS, despite being trashed by critics, if it wasn’t for JLaw, this movie wouldn’t even surpassed JA

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, XO21 said:

J.Law haters are so obsessed

They're acting like Red Sparrow already bombed. 

wait, you didn't know the movie already came out and left the theaters?  :o

it didn't even do Zyzzyx Road numbers.  geez, try to keep up

:P