kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

M7 wasnt even a movie where he's starring. it was en ensemble piece, you troll. Pratt is the ONLY star of JW and Guardians and those are HUUUUUUUGE ww smashes. Lowrence's even making the X-men movies flop. She's basically the movie version of Britney Spears, having a HUGE "beginning" of her career and then starting to fade success wise even tho they're still super famous. This red sparrow movie will bring Atomic blonde numbers while The rhytm section will be a Salt

y6NGQ.gif

Passengers did a little better than Oblivion which is regarded as a flop.

The red sparrow i think will disappoint. but i think it will do better than Atomic Blonde. It seems more accessible.

i hope Blake does good, but i'm not yet convinced TRS will be a Salt.

Anyway, JL is not going anywhere. She's a permanent A-list from now on. she's had too much critical and commercial success

59 minutes ago, pretty reckless said:

M7 wasnt even a movie where he's starring. it was en ensemble piece, you troll. Pratt is the ONLY star of JW and Guardians and those are HUUUUUUUGE ww smashes. Lowrence's even making the X-men movies flop. She's basically the movie version of Britney Spears, having a HUGE "beginning" of her career and then starting to fade success wise even tho they're still super famous. This red sparrow movie will bring Atomic blonde numbers while The rhytm section will be a Salt

y6NGQ.gif

Neither these movies were hits because of him, his first test was M7, and he failed. 

And, no, dude, JLaw is the Taylor Swift of cinema.

A powerful and talented woman, that has prestige and respect from people in industry, has a legion of fans, makes tons of money, and owns the industry. Goodbye. 

2017-10-13.gif

3 hours ago, pretty reckless said:

Pratt is the ONLY star of JW and Guardians and those are HUUUUUUUGE ww smashes

yep they were hits because of him and him only, totally not because they were part of huge franchises whose previous movies in the series have been smash blockbusters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm not a fan of Lawrence, but I liked some of her movies.

That being said, Mother is a flop and that's a fact. 

not many flops have 8 100s on metacritic and people like Scorsese taking to THR to write stand alone praises of them, you must admit.  It is a box office flop, but I don't think it is relative to its budget, given I think the budget is closer to $15M than $30M.  Regardless, box office isn't the point of mother! What it is is an art for art's sake argument.  Some love it, some hate it. Many never remotely wanted to see art to begin with when they bought a ticket, and feel betrayed. 

I'm glad Jen did it, for her 'filmography' so to speak, and for pushing boundaries.  I think her performance was outstanding, and more than what I even hoped for.  So I got what I needed out of it; it's a success in my book.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Neither these movies were hits because of him, his first test was M7, and he failed. 

And, no, dude, JLaw is the Taylor Swift of cinema.

A powerful and talented woman, that has prestige and respect from people in industry, has a legion of fans, makes tons of money, and owns the industry. Goodbye. 

Taylor keeps SMASHING and will not flop. jlaw is fading and you know it, she fucked this old man for a role and failed. and weinstein bought her oscar

Watson snatched her bald with beauty and the beast and stone with lala land, she's not owning any industry

tenor.gif

Edited by pretty reckless

4 hours ago, trifle said:

not many flops have 8 100s on metacritic and people like Scorsese taking to THR to write stand alone praises of them, you must admit.  It is a box office flop, but I don't think it is relative to its budget, given I think the budget is closer to $15M than $30M.  Regardless, box office isn't the point of mother! What it is is an art for art's sake argument.  Some love it, some hate it. Many never remotely wanted to see art to begin with when they bought a ticket, and feel betrayed. 

I'm glad Jen did it, for her 'filmography' so to speak, and for pushing boundaries.  I think her performance was outstanding, and more than what I even hoped for.  So I got what I needed out of it; it's a success in my book.

sorry but what sort of argument is that? "i think the budget is half of what every source says so it's not a flop."

the real prod budget can well be lower or higher than what's quoted by media, but to use 50% of the one used by sites like Mojo so that it matches the boxoffice is too opportunistic.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, a2knet said:

sorry but what sort of argument is that? "i think the budget is half of what every source says so it's not a flop."

the real prod budget can well be lower or higher than what's quoted by media, but to use 50% of the one used by sites like Mojo so that it matches the boxoffice is too opportunistic.

Its a flop.  Paramount is losing money (as they do)

But it's ...

Amazing.  I'm a box office junkie who recognizes our game ain't no thing.  It's just numbers and bullshit.  I love the box office thing.  But mother! was legit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kowhite said:

Its a flop.  Paramount is losing money (as they do)

But it's ...

Amazing.  I'm a box office junkie who recognizes our game ain't no thing.  It's just numbers and bullshit.  I love the box office thing.  But mother! was legit.

it got an F or some shit, its garbage

• Like 1

Why are you guys arguing with an obvious troll?

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE 

Edited by misafeco
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, a2knet said:

after months of the budget being reported at $13M, deadline came out with an article and in it speculated the budget was $30M based on salaries. However they also said Jen got $15M and each of Bardem, Pfeiffer and Harris got $5M.  Which, aside from being unlikely on its face given the type of movie, would also total $40M not $30M, so they didn't even convince themselves.

However, on the promotion tour, Aronofsky several times said he was allowed to do whatever he wanted in part because the budget was so very low.  In one case he said in Black Swan he was able to do whatever he wanted because the budget was very very low, and similarly in mother! he was able to do whatever he wanted because the budget was very very low.  The Black Swan budget was $13M.

So I don't believe it was $30M. You are free to believe it, and I agree that often you have nothing but BOM to go by, so that is the standard people use.

• Like 1