kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

7 hours ago, antovolk said:

as for 'why would they be first with them' - cause they do get some exclusives from the studios like EW etc too. Shitty choice of outlet for Fox UK I know, but at least the guy who wrote the article (Baz) he's the  guy when it comes to Bond scoops and the saving grace of that pile of trash that is the Daily Mail.

Well, that's good then. I had no idea the Daily Mail had people like that.

4 hours ago, Hades said:

Need to hear her accent. I want a full on thick Russian accent.

From what I have heard, it is distinctly there, but not thick. She is supposed to be a spy after all, and good at what she does.

27 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Dominika never tried to hide the fact that she's Russian.

Francis Lawrence said he decided to go with a light Russian accent. A good light accent is preferable for clarity. Anyway, if they wanted to make a realistic version then the Russians in the movie, and there are a lot of them, would all be speaking Russian to each other with subtitles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

Dominika never tried to hide the fact that she's Russian.

No, but if you speak a language well, it includes a fairly good accent, so it would be a Russian who was fully English fluent.  Still with a noticable accent, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisTelclear said:

Francis Lawrence said he decided to go with a light Russian accent. A good light accent is preferable for clarity. Anyway, if they wanted to make a realistic version then the Russians in the movie, and there are a lot of them, would all be speaking Russian to each other with subtitles. 

I would love to see that. :P

• Like 2

Hunt For Red October did the Russian to English transition best. The Russian characters all spoke Russian, then a character reached a word that is the same in both English and Russian, at which point all the Russians spoke in English. Neat little zoom-in/zoom-out camerawork to sell it.

• Like 2

http://www.klatsch-tratsch.de/2017/12/05/jennifer-lawrence-in-red-sparrow-das-interview/327650

if you open it in google chrome it will translate for you. WARNING - the very end of the article has an early in the story spoiler.  It is a fairly lengthy interview with Francis Lawrence It has mostly the same pictures as the daily mail one, with this:

francis-lawrence-jennifer-.jpg

Edited by trifle

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/12/28/10-most-must-see-films-2018-new-fantastic-beasts-mary-poppins/983389001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-lifetopstories

'Red Sparrow' (March 2)

Jennifer Lawrence stars in the spy thriller as Russian intelligence operative Dominika Egorova, who fosters a complicated relationship with a CIA agent (Joel Edgerton). But unlike, say, James Bond, Dominika gets pulled into this world against her will: The former prima ballerina suffers an injury, becomes the newest recruit to Sparrow School, and is trained to be a deadly seductress. “I’m attracted to lonely, isolated characters on lonely, isolated journeys,” says director Francis Lawrence, who also helmed three of Lawrence's four Hunger Games films. “But I also really like when characters are in a dilemma where the audience can sit back and imagine being in the situation themselves. There are elements of her story that allow us into the spy world in a more personal way and not a political way.” That emotional pull differentiates Red Sparrow, as does its tonal qualities: “It’s a bit audacious, a little perverse, a little scary (and) very tense.”

DSKf01aWAAcmtfO.jpg

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

so what are people predicting for this? At first i thought UNDER 100M was a given, but girl power movies are all the rage now. even Atomic Blonde made 51M

I think it can make 100M

30/115 is my prediction right now. Alpha moving will definitely help get it extra screens on OW

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

30/115 is my prediction right now. Alpha moving will definitely help get it extra screens on OW

yeah, i see it having good legs. march is so weak. this is the most appealing movie the the general public. the rest i see them seriously underperforming

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alli said:

so what are people predicting for this? At first i thought UNDER 100M was a given, but girl power movies are all the rage now. even Atomic Blonde made 51M

I think it can make 100M

It is hard to imagine doing as much as Salt (that was made to be a movie with an interesting storytelling device, it had an over 125m net budget, 105m in marketing, peak Jolie making 40-50m by movie, PG-13), that made 118m.

I can see something between Atomic Blonde 51m and Salt 118m (the average would be 85m), 23-24m OW, 85m dbo / 240m WW seem a likely target, 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It is hard to imagine doing as much as Salt (that was made to be a movie with an interesting storytelling device, it had an over 125m net budget, 105m in marketing, peak Jolie making 40-50m by movie, PG-13), that made 118m.

I can see something between Atomic Blonde 51m and Salt 118m (the average would be 85m), 23-24m OW, 85m dbo / 240m WW seem a likely target, 

Salt came out a while ago tho. it adjusts to 133M .  i definitely think 100M is possible for Red sparrow.

• Like 1