kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

It’s overreacting to say her career is dead?

Because she made two very divisive films that audiences mostly stayed away from (we don't know how Red Sparrow will fare quite yet but I'm guessing it's not gonna finish much higher than double mother! made)? lol.

Besides, mother! might have flopped big time but was arguably one of the most talked about movies of last year. So even when she loses, she wins. Enough of this nonsense.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Lawrence could have 5 more bombs in a row before needing to seriously worry about her career

No? I mean she could have 5 flops and she'll still get work because she's a good actress but she wont be someone that gets big paychecks or has big hits. she'll be like nicole kidman or reese

Jennifer Lawrence could say she's retiring from acting completely and still get the best scripts sent her way. The reality is that Jlaw is a very talented actress so even when her movies dont do too well commercially or critically, she still gets praised. The only thing that might change career wise is how much money she is able to demand up front. But in terms of the kind of projects she gets offered, that's not going to change. 

This is actually one of the few movies I've been looking forward to from now until Deadpool. And I'm really hoping it's a box office hit not only for Jlaw but so Hollywood doesn't use it as an excuse to not make female spy movies. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Jennifer Lawrence could say she's retiring from acting completely and still get the best scripts sent her way. The reality is that Jlaw is a very talented actress so even when her movies dont do too well commercially or critically, she still gets praised. The only thing that might change career wise is how much money she is able to demand up front. But in terms of the kind of projects she gets offered, that's not going to change. 

This is actually one of the few movies I've been looking forward to from now until Deadpool. And I'm really hoping it's a box office hit not only for Jlaw but so Hollywood doesn't use it as an excuse to not make female spy movies. 

But "Spy" was a hit...so Hollywood cannot make that excuse.

14 hours ago, TombRaider said:

No? I mean she could have 5 flops and she'll still get work because she's a good actress but she wont be someone that gets big paychecks or has big hits. she'll be like nicole kidman or reese

But who would take her place? There are very few 20-something actress superstars at the moment. If she were in her 40s it'd be a very different matter.

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

But who would take her place? There are very few 20-something actress superstars at the moment. If she were in her 40s it'd be a very different matter.

Someone who breaks out just as she did in Winter's Bone. It's not like we can see who these people are in advance.