kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

23 hours ago, straggler said:

One of my favorite films this year. Gets much better the second viewing, at least for me, because then you have a sense of the pace and themes of the movie. 

I had the same experience, much more enjoyable the second time.  There are a lot of subtleties you pick up on the second time around, especially in Jlaw's acting.

12 hours ago, Box Office Freak said:

can we all just finally admit that she's made money before purely from the franchises she was in and not because of her alone.

She is NOT a box office draw

SLP was not part of a franchise. And Joy would have done way worse with any other actress. Her star power faded, but she's still the biggest female box office draw after M.M and maybe SB

• Like 3

On 5/1/2018 at 2:57 PM, YLF said:

I feel like such an outlier with this film. I actually liked it. I thought it could've been 10-15 mins shorter, but I liked that it kept having me guess whether she was working for the russians or the US towards the end. I had no idea which one. It wasn't a predictable film at all.

You are only an outlier in the US.  Other countries loved it.  Hence the over $100M international.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:48 PM, Box Office Freak said:

can we all just finally admit that she's made money before purely from the franchises she was in and not because of her alone.

She is NOT a box office draw

Who else has done so well with so poor reviews and no IP?  And overseas?  I disagree.