kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

13 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Persona is good and all, but imagine how much better it would be if it starred JLaw and Anna Kendrick

I would love to see two of my fave stars making a comedy together, actually, It's really ironic how JLaw has a great humor sense, but never did a movie exploring this.

On 12/5/2016 at 10:59 AM, trifle said:

....and no matter how many lessens she takes in the week or so between Passengers promo and when filming starts in January in the UK and Hungary, she is never going to get close to this guy's level:

This is shaping up to be interesting!

Honestly, I wish he could play Nash...

@angeldelmito this movie is shaping up!

• Like 1

This sounds a lot like the never-made Black Widow film.

Is this going to be a full-on action film?

Am I the only person who would like to see Lawrence star in an action film akin to the kind of stuff that Tom Cruise, Will Smith, and Angelina Jolie do?

I know that THG are technically big splashy action films, but I want to see Lawrence in something like Salt, Enemy of the State, or I, Robot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moviesareawesomegirl said:

Am I the only person who would like to see Lawrence star in an action film akin to the kind of stuff that Tom Cruise, Will Smith, and Angelina Jolie do?

I know that THG are technically big splashy action films, but I want to see Lawrence in something like Salt, Enemy of the State, or I, Robot.

This isn't gonna be one as much...if the sequel will happen, it will be, I'd say.

2 hours ago, Moviesareawesomegirl said:

I'd love to see that!

2 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Wig or Dyed hair?

Not sure from that picture, which is good, and I'll refrain from saying 'not her best look' until her makeup is actually on.  I'm sure it will look better when she stops glaring at Woody Harrelson.  I didn't know he was there, even. That's quite a reunion!

What I wish he'd give us is a clip of her dancing. I understand she has the same ballet coach Natalie Portman used in Black Swan. 

Edited by trifle

1 hour ago, trifle said:

I'd love to see that!

Definitely!

What do you think of Lawrence playing Modesty Blaise?

Would she be considered too young for that?

BTW...I am not familiar with the novel that spawned this Red Sparrow film, but the title made me assume that she was a redhead in this film.

1 hour ago, Moviesareawesomegirl said:

Definitely!

What do you think of Lawrence playing Modesty Blaise?

Would she be considered too young for that?

BTW...I am not familiar with the novel that spawned this Red Sparrow film, but the title made me assume that she was a redhead in this film.

Jen has a reputation for playing roles older than she is.  Supposedly David O Russell is penning a script where she would play Robert De Niro's mother, because he is so pissed at people complaining that the roles he writes for her are too old. 

I think 'Red' refers to cold-war Russia, and Sparrow refers to the Sparrow school where she was trained.

However, I understand this is being filmed suggesting modern day Russia, (modern Russian busses etc) so I am not exactly sure how that will change things.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, trifle said:

Jen has a reputation for playing roles older than she is.  Supposedly David O Russell is penning a script where she would play Robert De Niro's mother, because he is so pissed at people complaining that the roles he writes for her are too old. 

I think 'Red' refers to cold-war Russia, and Sparrow refers to the Sparrow school where she was trained.

However, I understand this is being filmed suggesting modern day Russia, (modern Russian busses etc) so I am not exactly sure how that will change things.

Thanks!

If Jen hadn't been involved in three recent high-profile superhero films already, I would say that she would be a great candidate for Captain Marvel. Personally, I think she'd be much better for that than Brie Larson. It is what it is though...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Moviesareawesomegirl said:

Thanks!

If Jen hadn't been involved in three recent high-profile superhero films already, I would say that she would be a great candidate for Captain Marvel. Personally, I think she'd be much better for that than Brie Larson. It is what it is though...

Well, Brie deserves good roles too. I did think that might be a good role for Jen, but there will be others. I'm hoping this turns out to be good for her - possibly a new franchise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trifle said:

It's like he considers every piece of Catching Fire that he can pull into this movie to be a lucky charm.  He might not be wrong. On the other hand, I liked about half of the outfits in Catching Fire. 

Summerville is also an interesting choice as she's a frequent Fincher collaborator. She did Dragon Tattoo and Gone Girl for him.

• Like 3