Jump to content
grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 13 2020 | Adam Wingard to direct

Recommended Posts

This is still a cross-over, and the money is usually in the cross-over. This should do well at the box office. I don’t know if it’ll be a massive blockbuster, but it has the potential. 

  • Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

This is still a cross-over, and the money is usually in the cross-over. This should do well at the box office. I don’t know if it’ll be a massive blockbuster, but it has the potential. 

no.

  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Why?

Follow up to a film with toxic WoM. That'll negate the "wow factor", and even then the USP of Godzilla vs Kong isn't gonna be too high.

  • ...wtf 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Follow up to a film with toxic WoM. That'll negate the "wow factor", and even then the USP of Godzilla vs Kong isn't gonna be too high.

It’s possible. But it’s also one of those cross-overs like Freddy v Jason and Alien v Predator where it’s about the dream matchup of Godzilla fighting King Kong. 

  • Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

Dont worry, we're still here. :lol:

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

Dont worry, we're still here. :lol:

Hahaha. Haven’t seen mulder, brainbug or jar post in week

 

they all seem nice posters. Glad some still posting :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DAJK said:

The movie's practically finished. This is a VERY different situation than something like Fantastic Beasts. The studio pouring 50M or more into this again to change an ending or edit the film is just dumb. Release it, hope it does Skull Island #s and be done with it. 

After what happened with JL, I imagine WB aren't going to put extra money into GvK. Legendary probably will though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Hahaha. Haven’t seen mulder, brainbug or jar post in week

 

they all seem nice posters. Glad some still posting :D

 

Yeah, really hope to see them again soon here as well. :)

7 hours ago, Avatree said:

The only people who believed "iconic" monsters will draw people are the delusional Godzilla Groupies, who funnily enough have all run away from this forum after their film flopped. No one in the real world thought that audiences know who Ghidorah and Mothra are.

 

 

I hope that wasnt intentional, but theres no need to sound mean-spirited about some members just because they arent posting here right now. 

 

Besides, nothing wrong/delusional with the line of thinking that "Godzilla & even more monsters" would gross more than "just Godzilla." People are free to speculate. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

I hope that wasnt intentional, but theres no need to sound mean-spirited about some members just because they arent posting here right now. 

 

Besides, nothing wrong/delusional with the line of thinking that "Godzilla & even more monsters" would gross more than "just Godzilla." People are free to speculate. 

Yeah, I think some people are high strung about this little tidbit. Whatever reason they may have, it is silly.

 

Some of us are sticking around. The nature of the box office fascinates me. Also, you won't see many of us going into threads about DCU or MCU films bashing superhero films, or Disney films, or the people who love them.

 

On another note, talking smack about box office numbers is pointless.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

 

 

Still here

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

It’s possible. But it’s also one of those cross-overs like Freddy v Jason and Alien v Predator where it’s about the dream matchup of Godzilla fighting King Kong

That's a dream for a small number of people. It won't register with the GA. This is going to perform like just another Godzilla or Kong movie, not some kind of two franchise crossover.

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, doublejack said:

That's a dream for a small number of people. It won't register with the GA. This is going to perform like just another Godzilla or Kong movie, not some kind of two franchise crossover.

If it performs like Skull Island, I think WB/Legendary would be fine with that. 

 

(Couple Skull Island's gross with the KOTM grosses of Japan & SE Asian territories and it would look even better)

 

Id also contend that Freddy vs Jason was a dream for an even smaller number of people than GvsK, and that grossed a lot more than the Freddy/Jason individual entries. Would be interesting to see if GvsK would have a similar pull.

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

 

 

 

No they didn't. Just what is left to say. 😛 We liked it and it isn't doing great business.

 

No reason to get into with some people.  We just want to see another good movie in GvK :)

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KOTM is fucking great, I can only think of Godzilla 14 leaving a bad taste in peoples' mouths and the usual trend of sequels in franchises decreasing on the second film as the reasons why it's underperforming. Aladdin is strong competition too. GvK should be different though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

KOTM is fucking great, I can only think of Godzilla 14 leaving a bad taste in peoples' mouths and the usual trend of sequels in franchises decreasing on the second film as the reasons why it's underperforming. Aladdin is strong competition too. GvK should be different though.

KOTM is good film  ... GD-2014 bad taste & Aladdin performance hurting KOTM box office performance ..  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 4:14 PM, Avatree said:

 

They all said they're leaving the forum for a while because Godzilla bombing made them depressed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t know why they set themselves up for disappointment. The writing was on the wall about how Godzilla 2 was going to do after the reception to Godzilla 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I don’t know why they set themselves up for disappointment. The writing was on the wall about how Godzilla 2 was going to do after the reception to Godzilla 14

It went without saying that the film wouldn’t be able to match the domestic gross of its predecessor, but not many were expecting it to have trouble cracking $100 million. 

 

On the plus side, it looks like people are no longer freaking out about Shazam! and Detective Pikachu not doing gangbusters. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing this will be delayed until later in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

KOTM is fucking great, I can only think of Godzilla 14 leaving a bad taste in peoples' mouths and the usual trend of sequels in franchises decreasing on the second film as the reasons why it's underperforming. Aladdin is strong competition too. GvK should be different though.

The usual trend of sequels in popular franchises dropping 50% from the previous entry?

Is that usual?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.