grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

I'm looking forward to this. So far it is the best interconnected film universe spanning different characters attempted outside the MCU. Now, one might say that isn't saying much but it actually isn't.

Warners was very uneven with their DCU attempt to the point it imploded and they are largely starting over.

Universal tried with their Monsters. Mummy tanked out of the gate and the next would've been entry isn't going to allegedly try the Dark Universe.

Im actually totally OK if this is the last Monsterverse film. I adore G14 and King of the Monsters, i really like Skull Island and i reckon that i will very much like this one as well. Thats 4 Hollywood Kaiju films in the span of 6 years that i never thought id get to see.

• Like 3

If this is indeed still coming out in March, WB should attach a trailer to Joker this week. It's their best opportunity the remainder of this year to debut the trailer.

That said, I am expecting this film to get delayed. It absolutely needs more time to separate itself from the audience perception of KotM, and to build organic hype. There is currently 0 anticipation for this in the public consciousness. A Cinema Expo press conference in Russia doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Geeks say who cares about human characters but GA obviously does. KotM didn't have any stars and this movie has those same non-entities in main roles. Color me surprised if it bombs like KotM. Skull Island had SLJ so this is guaranteed to make much less. 

SLJ isn't the reason Skull Island made as much money as it did. And Kotm did have Bobby Millie Brown.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Geeks say who cares about human characters but GA obviously does. KotM didn't have any stars and this movie has those same non-entities in main roles. Color me surprised if it bombs like KotM. Skull Island had SLJ so this is guaranteed to make much less. 

SI killed the only person I was watching the movie for.

And thus, I dropped off of the Monsterverse.

31 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

If this is indeed still coming out in March, WB should attach a trailer to Joker this week. It's their best opportunity the remainder of this year to debut the trailer.

That said, I am expecting this film to get delayed. It absolutely needs more time to separate itself from the audience perception of KotM, and to build organic hype. There is currently 0 anticipation for this in the public consciousness. A Cinema Expo press conference in Russia doesn't mean anything.

There’s supposed to be a trailer for Birds of Prey tomorrow, so we’re probably not getting a trailer for GvK this week. Maybe they’ll attach one to Terminator: Dark Fate or something.

Yeah, WB has completely changed the way they release trailers/marketing etc... probably won’t be any kind of teaser for another month.

However, there WAS a 1 minute teaser a week ago at that expo. I’d say this is still on track.

If it's likely to be finished in less than six months, release it in March. If it's not, push it back. Just don't throw it to the wolves during the Summer.

I have a feeling that these films can thrive much better outside of the Summer months anyway. Kong: Skull Island proved that releasing them in the heat of May or June isn't necessary, as long as the movie itself appeals to audiences.

Edited by NoobSaibot

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

There’s supposed to be a trailer for Birds of Prey tomorrow, so we’re probably not getting a trailer for GvK this week. Maybe they’ll attach one to Terminator: Dark Fate or something.

They could pull a Birds of Prey where they just show some tiny sneak peek in front of a Warner Bros. movie, in this case Joker. 

Edited by Hokkaido MUTO

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Does that mean it’s fair to assume we’re getting a trailer within the coming week?

Empire magazine will be revealing info on upcoming 2020 movies this upcoming Thursday (Halloween). I assume we’ll see a bunch of stills from them and other info leading up to a trailer the week afterwards when Doctor Sleep, another WB movie, releases.

Theres another rumor from TK forums and 4chan that suggest the trailer dropping on Thanksgiving as well.

16 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, same week as Dark Fate makes some sense I guess. Would make more sense if Dark Fate wasn't gonna flop.

GvK is WB... so is Motherless Brooklyn, opening this week too... 🤔