grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

On 3/4/2017 at 8:09 AM, kaijukurt said:

Seems like his next project is the Metal Gear Solid film...unless that doesnt take off.

That's been in development for around a decade now. I'm sure Warner Bros will try to lock him down for future projects since Kong seems like a critical success thus far

• Like 1

YEEESSSS, warm up that engine....

'Godzilla vs. Kong' Film Sets Writers Room (Exclusive)

Terry Rossio, known for his work on the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies, will head the crack creature crew.

With Kong: Skull Island generating strong reviews before its March 10 release, Legendary already has its sights on the big prize, the eventual Godzilla vs. Kong movie.

That project is acting as the culmination (at least at this point) of the company's series of movies featuring silver screen super species.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kong-skull-island-sequel-plans-godzilla-kong-sets-writers-room-984992

Interesting note: Terry Rossio worked on the script for Jan de Bont's Godzilla film at TriStar. This was before it was handed off to Roland Emmerich so he could make his giant turd of a film. Glad to know he's being given another opportunity to bring flair to the franchise in some capacity.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cookson said:

I thought Michael Dougherty was the head of the writers room?

Don't like they're saying GvsKong is the end of this cinematic universe... For now.

Godzilla could go on but I feel that unlike Godzilla,  Kong is very limited. Probably cause Godzilla has decades of mythos behind him while Kong has always been the ape that dies for the blonde girl. 

1 hour ago, Heat Vision said:

Godzilla could go on but I feel that unlike Godzilla,  Kong is very limited. Probably cause Godzilla has decades of mythos behind him while Kong has always been the ape that dies for the blonde girl. 

Make new stuff for Kong. I remember there being some cartoon back around when the Jackson movie came out

On 3/10/2017 at 10:33 AM, NoobSaibot said:

YEEESSSS, warm up that engine....

'Godzilla vs. Kong' Film Sets Writers Room (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kong-skull-island-sequel-plans-godzilla-kong-sets-writers-room-984992

Interesting note: Terry Rossio worked on the script for Jan de Bont's Godzilla film at TriStar. This was before it was handed off to Roland Emmerich so he could make his giant turd of a film. Glad to know he's being given another opportunity to bring flair to the franchise in some capacity.

I'm stoked about the writers. Rossi obviously is an old pro and knows how to work on giant tentpoles, and I'm a fan of JMS since the B5 days. I don't know much about the other writers but these two guys are veteran genre dudes that bring a lot to the table. 

48 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I mean yea I'm hyped af for this, who wouldn't be? But everything in a certain movie I just watched that acted as any kind of setup for this was the weakest part of the film.

To be fair, everything about Iron Man 2 (a not awful, but bad movie imo) that set up the Avengers was among the biggest nitpicks (except Widow, but even she was totally wasted), and Avengers turned out pretty awesome, so you never know.

• Like 1

To anyone concerned about their size discrepancy:

Spoiler

In 'Kong: Skull Island' we hear something along the lines of, "Kong is still growing, and you better hope he keeps growing." This film will take place almost 50 years later, I'd bet my bottom dollar Kong will have "grown up" and will be comparable in size to Godzilla.)

Also, the photo on the previous page isn't accurate to begin with. The ESB is 1,250 feet tall, not even counting the antenna and broadcast equipment on top of it's architectural spire. Godzilla is at least half its height in that render (600+ feet) when in fact he was only 355 feet tall in the 2014 reboot.