grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Dune is too inaccessible to audiences.

People thought Sonic and Bad Boys For Life were gonna flop and that BOP was gonna succeed. This might be another one of those cases.

KOTM may have underperformed but this movie has a bigger hook and only 3 recurring characters, so if they won’t market it as a direct sequel it is safe.

There’s literally 0 reason that WB would delay Dune, a franchise with a killer cast and franchise prospects (two Dune games and a big budget HBO show are in the works too) for a sequel to a flop film for a franchise that won’t go anywhere after this

Just now, TMP said:

There’s literally 0 reason that WB would delay Dune, a franchise with a killer cast and franchise prospects (two Dune games and a big budget HBO show are in the works too) for a sequel to a flop film for a franchise that won’t go anywhere after this

Both Dune and GvK are made by Legendary and I think Dune probably is the bigger priority, 

• Thanks 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Other crossover movies say otherwise. WB should move this to September. 

GvK has the same star that couldn't put butts in KoM seats. Poeple underestimate SLJ appeal in big movies. he's the reason why Skull Island did well. Poeple love SLJ in blockbusters. They don't know who Eleven is and Stranger Things fandom doesn't care for her role outside of that show. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

GvK has the same star that couldn't put butts in KoM seats. Poeple underestimate SLJ appeal in big movies. he's the reason why Skull Island did well. Poeple love SLJ in blockbusters. They don't know who Eleven is and Stranger Things fandom doesn't care for her role outside of that show. 

Did I mention her anywhere here lmao? My point is that crossover films have historically done better than their predecessors. No one's gonna watch this for her, they are gonna watch this to see Godzilla fight Kong.

Also SLJ had almost nothing to do with Kong's success.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Did I mention her anywhere here lmao? My point is that crossover films have historically done better than their predecessors. No one's gonna watch this for her, they are gonna watch this to see Godzilla fight Kong.

Also SLJ had almost nothing to do with Kong's success.

That's so wrong. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

So what are those crossover films that did better?

BvS despite its terrible legs outgrossed Man of Steel. The Avengers films i shoudnt even have to mentione. Freddy vs Jason outgrossed every Freddy or Jason film.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So what are those crossover films that did better?

AvP, BvS, the original GvK, Freddy vs Jason, The Avengers. Other fiilms like Space Jam, Ready Player One, The Lego Movie also did extremely well because of the novelty of their crossover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I think that bad taste left from KoM will hurt GvK. will be the first crossover to make less. 

Bad taste wasn’t even that big, people just weren’t interested in seeing it. A King Kong/Godzilla movie on the other hand should at least grab eyeballs when the trailer uploads on YouTube and social media.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think that bad taste left from KoM will hurt GvK. will be the first crossover to make less. 

You really think KoM left a worse taste than Man of Steel, Aliens 4, Predator 2, Jason X, and Elm Street 5? At least KoTM is liked by the fans while those other movies are hated/divisive for pretty much everyone

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You really think KoM left a worse taste than Man of Steel, Aliens 4, Predator 2, Jason X, and Elm Street 5? At least KoTM is liked by the fans while those other movies are hated/divisive for pretty much everyone

Given that Val is pushing a "New Mutants will beat KvG" line, funny he ignores how Dark Phoenix might have left a bad taste in people's mouths for NM to contend with.

Of course I think Val is pretty much trolling, anyway.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

^which is why I think this will be moved, they’ll wait to see who moves first and where 

If No Time to Die moves to November, a lot of studios are going to be looking at their November schedules.